17th August 2017, 01:40 PM
priya142

What are the career prospects in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th?

Choosing a career after 12th especially with biology stream seems like a tough task for me. My parents are forcing me either to take MBBS or pharmaceuticals just because I have taken biology as a preferred choice for board exams. But I want to continue with only these two traditional choices, so please recommend me other lucrative career prospects with biology stream that I can peruse after passing 12th.

18th August 2017, 08:04 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What are the career prospects in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya142 View Post
Choosing a career after 12th especially with biology stream seems like a tough task for me. My parents are forcing me either to take MBBS or pharmaceuticals just because I have taken biology as a preferred choice for board exams. But I want to continue with only these two traditional choices, so please recommend me other lucrative career prospects with biology stream that I can peruse after passing 12th.

As you have done 10+2 in science stream with biology subjects and want to go for further studies in biology fields then here below are the list of courses related to biology you can choose after 10+2:-

List of Courses after 10+2 in Biology Subject:-

1). BAMS(Bachelors of Ayurveda, Medicines and Surgery).

2). BDS(Bachelors of Dental Surgery).

3). Bachelors of Science in Biology.

4). Bachelors of Science in Agriculture.

5). Bachelors of Science in Forensic Science.

6). Bachelors of Science in Geology.

7). Bachelors of Science in Food Processing.

8). Bachelors of Science in Microbiology.

9). Bachelors of Science in Horticulture.

10). Bachelor of Science in Botany.

11). Bachelors of Science in Sports Science.

12). Bachelors of Science in Genetics.

13). Bachelors of Science In Pathology.

So these are the courses where you can go after completing your 10+2 in science stream with biology subject.

>> Educational qualification required for all above mentioned courses is 10+2 from government recognized board with minimum 55% marks.

>> Duration of above mentioned bachelors courses is 3 years.
18th August 2017, 10:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career prospects in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th?

You need not to get force by your parents to choose the stream which they like rather you must make them convince that you want to take admission in the field in which you are interested. As you're interested in biotechnology so it would be right choice for you to choose BSc in biotechnology and after that you can complete your MSc in biotechnology to make bright future.
Instead of doing MBBS of Pharmacy you can choose one of the given below courses also:

BSc.

BSc in Agriculture.

BSc in Horticulture

BSc in biotechnology

BSc in forensic science.
18th August 2017, 11:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career prospects in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th?

Courses you can join after completing your 10 + 2 with bio or biotechnology:

Bachelor of Science

Bachelor in Horticulture

Bachelor in agriculture

Bachelor in forensic science

Bachelor in Fisheries

Bachelor in Floriculture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?