10th February 2016, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to make career in Biotechnology being a 12th student?

Sir,
I have chosen PCM with English in class 11th. Now I am in class 12th. I've also chosen Biotechnology as my 5th subject in school. I want to pursue my career in Biotechnology. Please advise me what should I do after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should a maths student opt naturopathy(Ayurveda) as his career? I am pursuing 12th with PCM stream
  3. Career scope for the candidates after completion of Biotechnology course?
  4. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  5. What are the possible career options in Biotechnology? Suitable colleges in Pune for it?
  6. How can I do BSc Biotechnology in Vidya Pratishthan College of Biotechnology, Pune? What are the career opportunities?
  7. How can i make a career in Event Management? Which course should i study for this?
  8. Which course should i do after 12th to make a career in tourism sector?
  9. Career prospects in the field of Biotechnology and the best specialization for PG in Biotechnology
  10. Is it possible to study B.Sc(Biotechnology) without studying Biotechnology in 12th NIOS?
  11. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad?
  12. Career prospects in Biotechnology after 12th
  13. Whether the career prospect of Accenture is beneficial for B.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
  14. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  15. What should I study in Abroad related to Biotechnology after completion of B.Tech?
  16. Career scope for me in Defence Services being a candidate having completed 12th Class with Commerce?
  17. How to have a career in Biotech Research while in BSc Biotechnology?
  18. How to make a career in Pharma industry as product analyst? I am a Biotechnology graduate
12th February 2016, 12:10 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to make career in Biotechnology being a 12th student?

You can opt for B.Tech in Bio-Technology in any good engineering college after the completion of your 12th boards. You will have to appear for an entrance examination known as JEE(Main) and after having scored good rank in it, you can opt for the course mentioned above.
12th February 2016, 12:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to make career in Biotechnology being a 12th student?

You can opt for B.Tech in Bio-Technology after completion of your 12th board examination and can pursue the course thereafter. You can even go for M.Tech in the same field for higher studies if you wish to.
12th February 2016, 05:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For biotechnology you have to apply for entrance exam which is mostly conducted along with other professional courses. You have got PCM stream qualification which is enough to make you eligible for this field.

There are courses like B.Tech Biotechnology and B.Sc Biotechnology available these days. Just be prepared for the entrance exam.
12th February 2016, 07:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination conducted by various university for admission of candidate in the biotechnology course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB where as some the university allows PCM students also to appear for entrance examination to get admission.

To get admission in the IIT or to appear for JEE examination , it is necessary to have PCB as main paper in 10+2.
13th February 2016, 12:06 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have chosen PCM with English in class 11th. Now I am in class 12th. I've also chosen Biotechnology as my 5th subject in school. I want to pursue my career in Biotechnology. Please advise me what should I do after 12th?

The aspirant must choose B.Tech Biotechnology or B.Sc first and then he can pursue Master’s in the same subject. The eligibility to study the course is passing in 12th class with science group. B.Tech in Biotechnology is better than B.Sc in Biotechnology. The aspirant has to appear for GATE and do M.Tech from a good college to get a good job. The course is available in many colleges in India.
29th December 2017, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12th class student who's interested in this field. Can i know which all entrance exams I have to attend in order to get admission for bsc or btech ......for both
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?