1st July 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

i m a girl,student of class 11th i am interested in iit or software engeneering,please tell me what are the courses that can i choose after class 12th,please answe me as i have to prepare for it from now...

2nd July 2011, 01:03 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

Its good to see that you have a proper planning for your future.

Since you are interested in software field.

Then do engineering in IT or Computer science.

For this you have to sit for Joint exam or AIEEE or IIT-JEE etc.

You can also apply for BCA course because it is totally a software course.

So choice is yours.....
2nd July 2011, 03:44 PM
raja badam

Default Re: What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

After 12th there are Several Courses for you.

These are B.Sc or B.Tech

In B.Sc there are Several Courses those are as follows

B.Sc Computers

B.Sc IT

In B.Tech also There are Several courses

IT Engineering

Computer Science Engineering(CSE).

If you go for Software field you Have to learn C language now on wards.

and daily do the programs.

And also you have to prepare for B.Tech Entrance exam.

B.tech is good for you.

You must have 10th ,12th marks minimum 60% need for eligibility of famous companies.

So you have to Maintain your percentage 60% above now on wards all academics.

You have a good future,All the best for you..
2nd July 2011, 04:05 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

good choice,friend.

Well IT and Software field is a great field,you can go for any one of the following courses;

1.B tech in information technology.
2.BCA
3.B.Tech in computer Sc.
2nd July 2011, 08:09 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depend upon your interest.. As you have already mentioned that you have interest in software engineering then go for Computer science or Information Technology..
The IT market is booming now... so after your graduation you can get a good job in IT company..
For that you have to appear in entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE etc..
If you want to take admission in IIT then you have to score well in IIT-JEE..
so,prepare yourself for the IIT...
All the best..
2nd July 2011, 08:36 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a girl,student of class 11th i am interested in iit or software engeneering,please tell me what are the courses that can i choose after class 12th,please answe me as i have to prepare for it from now...
Good to hear your interests. first of all let me clear you some things of your interests

IIT is a Top class Institute of the Country which will produce a good ethical engineers every year.

To get into this you have two main ways they are first you can clear JEE entrance to get into IIT for B.Tech course other after completing B.tech graduation you need to write GATE Entrance exam through which they will select the candidates for M.Tech specialization.

These two are the two correct ways to enter in to IIT's the world Famous Premier Institutes.

Software Engineering: this is the Engineering stream which teaches you to develop software mainly. and to do projects on Websites and many other things which are away from the hardware Knowledge.

you are called to be a software engineer if you complete your graduation in CSE/IT or ECE field

This is how you are going to become Software Engineer.

Don't get panic about your future all you need to do is concentrate in the moment where you are.

I.e., as you are now pursuing your 11th don't think about anything just master your studies with your dream goal to get in IIT with your desired CSE stream.

while completing your 12th you can simultaneously prepare for your JEE which will be held right after your exams.

So be ready for that right after completing your 12th and do well in the exam in a month or so you'll get the results hopefully you will get a good seat getting rank.

by this your dreams are going to be fullfilled for any further assistance feel free to contact us.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
2nd July 2011, 09:50 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

IIT(Indian Institute of Technology) is colleges for Engineering courses.
Software Engineering is the branch in Engineering course.

Software Engineering courses:
Computer Science Engineering
Information Technology

To do software Engineering course in IIT,then you have to appear for AIEEE exam.If you get good rank in AIEEE exam,then you can get admission in IIT colleges,then you can choose any one course among software engineering course.
2nd July 2011, 10:01 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depend upon your interest.. As you have already mentioned that you have interest in software engineering then go for Computer science or Information Technology..
The IT market is booming now... so after your graduation you can get a good job in IT company..
For that you have to appear in entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE etc..
If you want to take admission in IIT then you have to score well in IIT-JEE..
so,prepare yourself for the IIT...
All the best..
2nd July 2011, 10:09 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Its nice that you have planned your future now 1st you have to choose computer science in11 and goods marks in 12th board after completing you should apply for engineering there is iit-jee and aieee which are the best after acheiving good ranks in the exam now apply for software in best of gniit are the best who developed and produce best software eng.
2nd July 2011, 10:12 PM
amisha rath

hey dear...it is very nice of you that you are that much aware about you interest and future as well.it appears you are very deterministic.

see dear as for PCM stream student,engineering is ultimate option.then question comes from where you do your graduation.

you can analyse your potential withrespect to IITJEE through online test series ..if you are capable then it is a very good.
otherwise don't waste time like other in dreaming of the tough IITJEE i'm not depressing you but expressing the reality.

now second option you can concentrate on AIEEE/State engineering test and give your best 100%
in its preparation as it is better to have something in sure rather dreaming.

after cracking these exams you are eligible to find a position in prestigious
institution like NIT'S,IIT'S.....

listen dear it is very imp that you concentrate on 12th board as well because in new engineeering criteria it will be soon implementaton that 80% requirement in 12th board.

hey you can also have option of MCA integrated course(5 yr)as it also helps to become software/program developer

best luck
2nd July 2011, 10:58 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete of your 12th exam you can join in engineering
as you are interested in iit or software.
first you have to give entrance in AIEEE , JEE , or any other ........
after that you can join in engineering
you can take your stream like
* IT
* Computer Science
good luck..........
3rd July 2011, 01:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend ,

both course are same in computer engineering you have study extra 2 or 3 subject.

future of both is very well now because.after completion of your graduation you lots of scope.

If You Are Interested To Get Government Jobs,

then there is lots of govt job

1)banking
2)railway
3)NDA
4)IAS
5)school teacher.

etc

if you are interested in private sctor then you can apply for those company.

1.TCS.

2.CTS.

3.WIPRO.

4.Mahendra tech.

5.Infosys.

6.HCL.

etc.

all the best
3rd July 2011, 10:41 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

UG course
YOU can do Bsc computer,
BCA,BE IT and computer science as your bachelor degree and

MASTER DEGREE
you can do
MTECH IT or computer science
MCA
14th July 2011, 06:58 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hi dear, As you are interested in IT side ,these are some of the courses related to IT:
1.B.Sc., Animation
2.BCA (computer Application)
3.B.Sc., Computer Science
4.B.Sc., Web Design etc.,

All the best for your glowing career.
1st August 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

i'm in 12th class now and I'm interested in Computer Engineering. What are the courses that I should do to become a software engineering after completing my 12th class?
21st August 2011, 10:01 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Its very good that u have interest in software engineering and u concern about your future.
You are in 11th std. so u have very good options to learn the C languge.Its the basic language of computer science.so do programming regularly.It helps u when u take admission in collage because its the first subject for all computer branches.
you can have several options like engineering,BCA,B.SC(COMPUTER APPLICATION)BBA(COMPUTER APPLICATION).
The best option i will suggest u is engineering in computer science branch.You can get knowledge about hardware as well as software in computer engineering.
so do hard work.There is so much scope for a computer engineer and very good for girls also.

all the best
22nd August 2011, 08:16 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What are the courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering?

Quote:

well..u can go in for a diploma or computer courses..there is GNIIT which offers u computer courses..
else u can work hard n get into a good engineering college by clearing its exam and then taking up ur stream of IT or CSE..whichever u want to join..

hope this helps..
29th December 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

HIII FRIENDS ...if i have 65% in 10th. what should i do in future for software ingineering ?
7th June 2012, 12:01 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in IT and Software Engineering, then you can choose following streams (or branches) of engineering at the moment of starting B.Tech.
  1. Computer Science and Engineering
  2. Information Technology
  3. Software Engineering
14th April 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Does the ITI or POLYTECHNIC gives computer science as subject for engineering?
14th April 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Do ITI or POLYTECHNIC GIVES THE COMPUTER SCIENCE AS A SUBJECT FOR ENGINEERING?
14th April 2013, 07:47 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

To be a software engineer after 12th you are to do:

1.you are to appear State/Central level JEE to get a suitable seat in software engineering in good colleges.

2.If you are not eligible for JEE then you get admission in BCA. This line also lead you toward software engineering in future.

3.Next you can get admisssion in PVt colleges after fulfilling their demand.

These are the options becoming an software engineer.

Thank you......................
23rd April 2013, 08:48 PM
sahoopp
Member+

dear friend,,,,

courses that I can choose after 12th having interest in IT or Software Engineering

1.B.Tech in computer Sc.
2.B tech in information technology
3.B.Sc., Computer Science
4.B.Sc., Animation
5.bca
6.B.Sc., Web Design
7.BCA (computer Application)
8.Computer Science and Engineering

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?