23rd November 2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

What are the courses and subjects to be chosen after passing 12th to become an IAS

What are the courses and subjects I should choose after passing my 12th for becoming an IAS.?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  2. How to become an IAS officer? What are the subjects to be chosen after 12th?
  3. Which subjects are to be chosen by an engineering student majoring in ECE for IAS preparations?
  4. How to get resources for the subjects of Sociology and Geography for IAS Exam?
  5. Courses to be chosen after passing 12th with 75%?
  6. Is it better to choose different subjects or which i had in my graduation for IAS preparations?
  7. Can a commerce student go for polytechnic after passing 12th? What is the combination of subjects to be chosen?
  8. Which subjects to choose in IAS and KAS exam after completing B.E in CS?
  9. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  10. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  11. Career courses available for me after passing 12th with 62% in SP and IT subjects?
  12. What to do after passing 12th PCM with 60.92%? Should I repeat 12th or should I apply for degree courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I do any degree course after passing my 12th standard?
  14. Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?
  15. What are the subjects to be chosen in IAS exam to have a degree in Pharmacy? -- [New]
  16. Which all exam do I need to answer to join Architectural Engineering? Which subjects should be taken after passing 10th and what should be done after 12th?
  17. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  18. Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?
1st December 2012, 12:54 PM
thriller.singh

Default Re: What are the courses and subjects to be chosen after passing 12th to become an IAS

hi,
ias main paper includes-two optional subjects,general studies,essay,english and one indian language.

the optional subjects are to be choosen from a large list of subjects viz. history, philosophy, geography, math, physics, psycology, anthropology.... etc.

so you need not worry for it right now. choose any subject of your interest for graduation. but try to keep yourself update about general studies. make habbit of reading newspaper, improve english and communication. that's all you need to do right now. start serious preparation in last year of your graduation.

wish you luck.
27th July 2013, 04:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses and subjects to be chosen after passing 12th to become an IAS

Bachelor’s degree is the basic qualification for IAS. Subjects studied in 12th or graduation is not a criterion. You can pursue graduation in any of the interested subjects. Also try to prepare for IAS exam in side while pursuing degree. Topics on mental ability, Indian History, constitution, English Language, General Studies, Geography, etc are asked for the exam. Detailed syllabus can be collected from UPSC web portal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?