4th December 2017, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

What is the criteria of physical fitness and average marks required to apply for IMA and OTA written exams?

Sir/Mam, I want to know the details of physical fitness for IMA and OTA and the average marks, a candidate must get during the written test? Can you please give me the details on the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon. Thank you!

6th December 2017, 11:38 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria of physical fitness and average marks required to apply for IMA and OTA written exams?

Here are details of eligibility for physical fitness to apply IMA and OTA written exam:

Minimum height should be as follows:
For male candidate, height should be at least 157.5 cm.
For Female candidates, minimum height should be 152 cm.

Eye sight should be as follows:
Eye sight should be 6/6.
Glasses are permitted but candidate must not be suffering from color blindness.

Candidate must be mentally fit and should not have any permanent diseases like bloo pressure, sugar, asthama etc.

Running test is also required to qualify for physical fitness test.
6th December 2017, 05:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria of physical fitness and average marks required to apply for IMA and OTA written exams?

IMA refers to Indian Military Academy where as OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy. Both IMA and OTA are wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) and hence for joining these you need to qualify CDS entrance examinations held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The basis qualifications required for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining either of these two wings are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree courses are also eligible. Marks at any level of academics does not matters.

As far as you are concerned about the physical fitness requirement for joining IMA and OTA then for exact details regarding the same you can refer to the notification released for the same examination by UPSC by referring to the link www.upsc.gov.in as physical fitness varies for different age group and height and weight of candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?