2nd April 2017, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Is there any written examinations to join IMA?

I am rakesh. Presently, I am pursuing degree in chemistry hons. I am keenly interested towards defence. I want to join IMA. Please help me finding out the eligible criteria with terms and conditions to apply for IMA. Is there any written examinations to attend for joining IMA?

2nd April 2017, 07:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any written examinations to join IMA?

Yes, to join Indian Military Academy you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is a common entrance examination for recruitment in defnece services. The eligibility to appear in examination for recruitment in IMA is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is between 19-24 years.

So,you can appear for examination which is conducted in two stages as written and SSB.

Candidates can also join Indian Army through other entry but have to appear and qualify in written stage for final selection.
2nd April 2017, 07:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IMA refers to Indian Military Academy and to join the same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and for joining the same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination for joining IMA are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirement norms as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2017, 09:55 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

The acronym IMA stands for Indian Military Academy.

How to enter into IMA after Bachelor's degree?

There is written exam followed by Service Selection board to enter into Indian Military Academy. The examination is called Combined Defence Services exam.

##Educational Qualification: Graduates are eligible for this exam. Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination.

##Age criteria is 19-24 years for IMA.

##Marital Status: Only Unmarried male and female candidates within age limit can apply for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?