21st March 2010, 12:40 AM
sanjayjanu

What is the difference between PGCET and PGECET? Can I write PGECET without having B.Tech certificate?

Whats da difference b/w pgcet nd pgecet? Im studying b.tech final year,can i write da pgecet.if i can,but i dnt have b.tech certificates.there is need to attach da xeroxes of 10th,inter nd degree certificates na....any 1 of u plz answer my Qs.....waiting 4 ur ans...

6th July 2011, 04:21 PM
Nasira

Default Re: What is the difference between PGCET and PGECET? Can I write PGECET without having B.Tech certificate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayjanu View Post
Whats da difference b/w pgcet nd pgecet? Im studying b.tech final year,can i write da pgecet.if i can,but i dnt have b.tech certificates.there is need to attach da xeroxes of 10th,inter nd degree certificates na....any 1 of u plz answer my Qs.....waiting 4 ur ans...

PGCET is a common entrance test for higher studies after graduation i.e its post graduation.
PGECET is a common entrance test for joining M.Tech/M.E after engineering (B.E/B.Tech).
u need to pass b.tech at the time of pgcet councelling.
6th July 2011, 06:25 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between PGCET and PGECET? Can I write PGECET without having B.Tech certificate?

P.G. Common Entrance Test is an exam for Admission into various P.G. and P.G. Diploma Courses offered so for that you need to be graduate definitely..

Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) for admission into Ist year M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./M.Arch./M.Plg. Degree Course so for this you need to have corresponding degree like..

for M.E./M.Tech. --> B.E/B.Tech
for M.Arch.-------->B.Arch

Candidates who have passed the Qualifying Examinations in relevant engineering as specified in official notice with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the semesters/ years of the degree examination..
and if you are passing out your B.Tech before PGCET then you can apply as mostly PGCET exam held in September........
6th July 2011, 08:24 PM
pulkit_phoenix

Thumbs up Re: What is the difference between PGCET and PGECET? Can I write PGECET without having B.Tech certificate?

PGCET is a common entrance test for higher studies after graduation i.e post graduation common entrance test whereas PGECET is a common entrance test for joining M.Tech/M.E after engineering (B.E/B.Tech).
It is needed to have a B.tech degree at the time of PGCET and PGECET counselling.
6th July 2011, 08:38 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

PGCET is the entrance exam for Medicine stream for post graduation course.
Some of the post graduation course:
M.Pharmacy

PGECET is the entrance exam for Engineering stream for Post graduation courses.
Some of the post graduation course:
M.Tech
M.Arch

PGCET-Post Graduation Common Entrance Test
PGECET-Post Graduation Engineering Common Entrance Test
22nd April 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

i completed my B.Tech in the year 2006 in the stream IE can i do M.Tech in ECE Subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?