28th December 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for clerical entrance exam? I have passed 12th with 68.8%

sir,
I have passed out 10+2 scoring 68.8%. I want to know that whether I am eligible for clerical exams or not which are going to be held in 2013, I also want to know that is sbi also included in ibps(cwe). Sir i also request u to inform me that now the banks exam which will be held in 2013 will give there written exam individualy or the candidates will be selected after passing out there ibps.

31st December 2012, 03:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for clerical entrance exam? I have passed 12th with 68.8%

SBI is not included under IBPS. SBI conducts own procedures for recruitment. HSC holders with a minimum of 60% marks can apply for clerical jobs in SBI. 19 nationalized banks like Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank and Bank of Baroda are participating under IBPS. Detailed information can be collected from the portal of IBPS.
31st December 2012, 06:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for clerical entrance exam? I have passed 12th with 68.8%

The Institute of Banking Personnel Services conducts IBPS Clerk entrance exam which is accepted by 19 Public Sector Banks. These banks does not include State Bank of India, which likes to conduct a separate entrance exam.

Once the candidate has cleared IBPS Clerk exam, he/she can apply in any of the 19 Public Sector banks depending on the vacancies in the banks. However since you have not completed graduation, IBPS would not allow you to appear for the CWE Clerk exam.

The best thing for you would be to complete graduation and then apply for the IBPS exam. After graduation you will be able to apply for the IBPS Clerk and IBPS Bank PO entrance exam. The choice would be yours.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Minimum of graduation degree in any stream.

3. Diploma or degree in computers. You can also apply if studied Computers/IT subject in 12th or college.

4. You should be fluent in official langauge of the state where you want job.

5. Age limit for Clerk exam is 20 to 28 years.

6. A relaxation of upto 3 years is given to OBC.

7. SC/ST candidate is eligible for 5 years relaxation.

8. PWD candidate is eligible for upto 10 years relaxation.

19 Public Sector Banks

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank
10th January 2013, 03:13 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I have passed out 10+2 scoring 68.8%. I want to know that whether I am eligible for clerical exams or not which are going to be held in 2013, I also want to know that is sbi also included in ibps(cwe). Sir i also request u to inform me that now the banks exam which will be held in 2013 will give there written exam individualy or the candidates will be selected after passing out there ibps.
No SBI bank is not included in the IBPS list . SBI following their own procedure for Bank clerical examination and IBPS following their own procedure for bank clerical examination . Both are slightly variation .

SBI Eligibility Criteria ::

The applicant must have passed their intermediate(10+2) exam in any desire subjects or equivalent qualification from a reputed School and must have attained the minimum 60% marks (55% marks for reserved categories) . Even degree holder may also eligible to apply for this examination .

The applicant must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is also applicable .

The applicant must have a good command in the English language and knowledge of local language of the state which you want to apply .

IBPS Eligibility Criteria ::

The applicant must have passed their graduate degree in any desire subjects or equivalent qualification from a reputed University . There is no percentage bar mentioned by IBPS . So minimum qualifying marks is enough to apply .

The applicant must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is also applicable .

The applicant must have a certificate in diploma / graduate degree in Computers.

The applicant must have a good command in the English language and knowledge of local language of the state which you want to apply .

The IBPS Examination is conducting for recruitment of 20 Public Sector Banks .

20 Public Sector Banks ::
  • Allahabad Bank
  • Andhra Bank
  • Bank of Baroda
  • Bank of Maharashtra
  • Bank of India
  • Central Bank of India
  • Canara Bank
  • Dena Bank
  • Corporation Bank
  • Indian Overseas Bank
  • Indian Bank
  • Punjab National Bank
  • Oriental Bank of Commerce
  • Syndicate Bank
  • Punjab & Sind Bank
  • United Bank of India
  • Union Bank of India
  • Vijaya Bank
  • UCO Bank
  • IDBI Bank
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?