10th March 2018, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility condition for pursuing B.Ed from IGNOU?

I want to do my B.Ed from IGNOU. I have achieved 54.7% of marks in graduation. Am I eligible for it? If yes, then how should I apply for it? Is it online or offline?

19th March 2018, 09:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility condition for pursuing B.Ed from IGNOU?

The full form of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University.

The application to B.Ed course in this university is done in online mode. You can apply for course at its official website. The eligibility criteria for B.Ed course is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the course.

2. You should have scored minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree. You are eligible with 54.7% marks in bachelor's degree.
20th March 2018, 06:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility condition for pursuing B.Ed from IGNOU?

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those who want to make their career as a teacher.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum education required for pursuing B.Ed degree course from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) then it is a bachelor degree course in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Further, for B.Tech degree holders the minimum marks required for pursuing B.Ed degree is 55%. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So, having completed your graduation degree with 54.7% marks you are eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course from IGNOU unless your bachelor degree is not B.Tech.

Also, for admission in IGNOU for pursuing B.Ed you need to qualify its entrance examination for which the notification is released on the official link of IGNOU i.e; www.ignou.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?