27th May 2018, 03:06 PM
MKaurdass

What is the eligibility for pursuing MA English from IGNOU?

I have completed my BA B.Ed. In BA my subjects were Punjabi, Political Science and History. I got 54.5 percent in BA. Can I do MA English through IGNOU?

29th May 2018, 09:02 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for pursuing MA English from IGNOU?

Eligibility Criteria required to pursue MA English from IGNOU:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue MA in English course from IGNOU. They are given below.

<> Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent course from a recognized university.

<> Medium of instruction offered by college is English only

<> Minimum Duration of the course - 2 years
Maximum Duration of the course - 5 years

<> Hence, I can say that you are eligible to pursue this MA English course from IGNOU.

Click here for More Details
29th May 2018, 01:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for doing MA in English from IGNOU:-

Candidate must have completed graduation degree in relevant subject from any recognised University.

There is no age limit.

There is no minimum percentage criteria.

Course duration is 2 years.

It is not possible to do MA in English in one year from any organised university in India.
29th May 2018, 04:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Masters of Arts in English from Indira Gandhi National Open University, candidate needs to hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Indira Gandhi National Open University, often referred as IGNOU, do not conduct any entrance examination to assess the candidates eligibility to pursue the course. The minimum duration of the program is 2 years and the maximum duration is 5 years.

For more details:

www.ignou.ac.in
29th May 2018, 07:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU refers to Indira Gandhi National Open University and same is one of the central universities in India offering distance education in various undergraduate, postgraduate and other higher studies courses.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility for pursuing MA (Master of Arts) in English degree course from IGNOU then for the same any bachelor degree holder from a recognized university is eligible.

So, being graduate in non English subjects you still are eligible for appearing in MA in English from IGNOU.

For more details regarding admission procedure of IGNOU, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
30th May 2018, 06:19 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing MA in English from IGNOU;

1. Candidate must have completed graduation degree in relevant subject from a recognized university.

2. There is no age limit.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

Course duration is 2 years.

Yes, you can do MA English through IGNOU.
30th May 2018, 07:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility to pursue MA ( Master of Arts ) in English from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) then it is just a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Therefore, having completed your BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) with 54.5% marks you are certainly eligible for pursuing MA in English from IGNOU.

For details regarding IGNOU admission procedure, you can refer to its official link www.ignou.ac.in.
31st May 2018, 10:11 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Having completed your bachelor degree course with 54.5% marks you are certainly eligible to apply for admission in IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) to pursue MA ( Master of Arts ) in English degree course as the minimum education required for pursing the same is just a graduation in any subject from a recognized university.

For details regarding IGNOU admission procedure, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
31st May 2018, 04:05 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** M.A. English or Master of Arts in English is a postgraduate academic degree.

** The duration of this course is two years. Candidate must have passed bachelor degree with English from a recognized university.

** The minimum percentage required in bachelor degree for MA course is 55%.

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to do MA English course after BA in Punjabi, Political Science and History with 54.5%.
31st May 2018, 04:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree holder you are certainly eligible for admission in IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) as for admission in same university to pursue MA in English the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more details regarding IGNOU admissions, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
19th March 2020, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I have done my b.a programe degree with 40% can i do m.a with english or hindi. Or can you suggest which course can i do for my carrier.
17th June 2022, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.B.A from gndu University with 49.8%marks.can I get admit in M.A in English from ignou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?