23rd April 2018, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility condition for SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICES EXAMINATION (SCRA EXAM)?

I'm a married girl and my age is 19 years. Can I also apply for SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICES EXAMINATION (SCRA EXAM) entrance exam? If yes, then provide the details on the procedure of application.

5th May 2018, 10:24 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility condition for SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICES EXAMINATION (SCRA EXAM)?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for this Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination with the above mentioned eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to appear in SCRA Examination is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as the subjects of the examination in order to be eligible.

>> The minimum age required is 17 years and maximum age must not exceed 21 years. Of course there will be relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.
* For OBC - 3 years
* For SC/ ST - 5 years

>> As you are a female 19 years old candidate, I can say that you are eligible if you successfully meet the educational qualification and age criteria.
5th May 2018, 01:18 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility condition for SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICES EXAMINATION (SCRA EXAM)?

SCRA is Special Class Railway Apprentice and in the past the examination was conducted for recruitment in railway service.

Now, there is no such examination and so you are not eligible to appear for examination.
5th May 2018, 05:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no SCRA examination conducted now. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination.

Earlier it was conducted for the recruitment as an officer.
6th May 2018, 12:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that SCRA refers to Special Class Railway Apprentice and the SCRA examination was held by UPSC every year and it was last held on 18th January 2015 and there is no notification regarding next SCRA and hence there is no point in knowing regarding its application procedure and eligibility conditions.

--> But, for your information I am providing you the basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in SCRA examination which are :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?