22nd April 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for CA? Which exam do I need to face?

what is the eligibility for ca and which exam need to face for it /

24th April 2012, 10:31 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for CA? Which exam do I need to face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the eligibility for ca and which exam need to face for it /
The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue chartered accountancy course is as follows:

Must have passed higher secondary examination form a recognized board. There is no restriction regarding the stream or the marks secured in the qualifying examination.

Must have qualified Common Proficiency Test. The test is conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and without qualifying this test, candidates holding any qualification can not be considered eligible to pursue the course. Registration for the test can be done even after qualifying secondary examination but in order to take the test, one must have qualified +2 level of examination.

For further information, refer to the official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India .
5th May 2012, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for CA? Which exam do I need to face?

plz provide me future career options if i'm a commerce student without maths.i want a high salary job to brighten my future .plz give me good options as fast as possible.

thank you!
9th May 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligiblity crieteria for c.a. after b.com.
17th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

m in bba 2nd yr i want to do CA can i
4th June 2012, 10:12 AM
sagar R.kachhadiya
Member+

If you are Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates with subjects other than Mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks are exempted from the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and are permitted to register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).

If you have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) can register for Professional Competency Course.
7th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

I appreciate to clear if one has a below 50% aggregate in B.Tech will he permitted to register Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). with out CPT.
11th August 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of bcom tell me iam eligeble for ca or not
10th September 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

ca after m.com
16th September 2012, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

I am master in international business with bsc with 54% Can i go for ca or i have to clear cpt
17th September 2012, 01:08 AM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

If you are Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates with subjects other than Mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks are exempted from the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and are permitted to register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).
17th September 2012, 09:01 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) offers the Chartered Accountancy Course in India. There are two ways to get admsision for Chartered Accountacy Course. Firstly you can do so by appearing for CPT test for which you must have passed at least 10th standard. However there is also a direct entry for those with graduation degree. I will explain everything in details below.

First thing you should know is that Chartered Accountacy course has 3 stages. These stages are:

1. Common Proficiency Test (CPT)

2. Integrated Professional Competancy Test (IPPC)

3. Final Course

Let's take a look into each stage one by one.

Common Proficiency Test (CPT)

The first stage of Chartered Accountacy course bascially in a written test. The exam is called Common Proficiency Test (CPT). Anyone interested in CA has to clear the CPT exam. CPT is 200 marks paper and you require 50 percentage or 100 marks to clear it.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Integrated Professional Competancy Test (IPCC)

Second stage of the CA is Integrated Professional Competancy Test (IPCC). There are two ways to get admission for IPCC. We have already discussed the first method in which you need to clear the CPT test with at least 50 percent marks.

However due to recent changes made by the IACI, candidates can skip the CPT exam and seek direct admission for IPCC. But to do so, you need to meet these requiements:

1. Must have passed B.Com with 55 percent marks.

2. Candidates who have completed other graduation course may also apply but need 60 percent marks.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Final Course

The most difficult part of the CA course in the final course. There is no direct entry for Final Course. You will have to pass the stage 2 which is IPCC. The Final Course is divided into two groups.

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
17th September 2012, 09:20 AM
incredibleshub

If you have completed you graduation you'll get exemption from first group CPT and you may enrol for IPCC directly.

IPCC have two groups after passing either you may register for articleship training.

After completion of IPCC both groups exam register for FINAL and appear for the exam pass it complete your 3 years of articleship and you will get your CA designation.

Exam are held twice a year in june and in december.
17th September 2012, 11:46 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

To join the Chartered Accountancy course you must clear your CA CPT Exam.
This examination is going to be held in the coming June and the notification will publish in the Newspapers in the month of February or March.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in CA CPT exam.

1. You must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent, from any recognized Board.
2. If you have passed B.Com, M.Com, LLB, ICWA, CS or MBA at the first
attempt that also means that you are eligible to apply.
3. Even if you appearing in your final year of the qualifying examination in your
degree you are eligible to apply.
4. If you have registered for CPT Course with Board of Studies of ICAI on or
before October 1, 2009 also you are eligible to appear in the entrance test
conducted on 2012.

For more details you can visit to-

http://www.icaiexam.icai.org
18th September 2012, 07:43 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->CA programme is of two years apart from the training period. It has three sections, Professional Education (PE-I), Professional Education (PE-II) and Final examination.

Professional Education Course -I and Subjects:-

-->Anyone who has a 10 + 2 can enroll for the Professional Education Course I. Duration of the course is 10months. Graduates who doesn't have the request percentage of marks have to do the Professional Course I.

--> The registration for Professional Education Course I is open throughout the year. A student may register at any time during the year. The exam will be held twice a year in May and November. Students have to ensure their registration at least 10 months before the examination.

-->The application for registration should reach the office of the institute on or before 30th of June and for November Examination on or before 31st December of the preceding year. A candidate is declared successful in Professional course I, if he/she secures an aggregate of 50% of the total marks in all the papers subject to a minimum of 40% marks in each paper.

Subjects for Professional course I:-

Paper 1- Fundamentals of Accounting
Paper 2 - Mathematics & Statistics
Paper 3 - Economics
Paper 4 - Business Communication and Organization and Management

Registration for Professional Education course-I:-

-> Eligible candidates have to forward their application for registration along with a crossed demand draft for the requisite amount (registration and tuition fee) drawn in favour of Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India payable at the respective places where the Offices of the Institute are located.

Professional Education Course-II & Final Course:-

* The CA Programme is mainly divided into Professional Education Course II and Final course. After completing the Professional Education Course I or graduation with required marks can go for Professional Education Course II .

*The registration for Professional Education (Course-II) is open throughout the year. A student may register at any time during the year. The exam will be held twice a year in May and November, it is necessary that a student must register at least ten months before the examinations.

->After passing the Professional Education Examination-II, and computer training programme as specified by the council, the candidate can register as an articled clerk with a firm of chartered accountants for undergoing practical training and simultaneously as a student with the Board of Studies for theoretical education.

->The candidate is a trainee for a period of three years. During this period he gets thorough knowledge of the various fields in which a Chartered Accountant can render services. During this period the articled clerk will also need to continue studies for the CA exam. On successful completion of the Final examination one becomes the member of the Institute. Member of the Institute may either practice as a Chartered Accountant on his own or go for employment.

Subjects for study:-

Professional Education course-II:-

Group I
Paper 1 - Accounting
Paper 2 - Auditing
Paper 3 - Business and Corporate Laws

Group II
Paper 4 - Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Paper 5 - Income Tax & Central Sales Tax
Paper 6 - Information Technology

Final Course:-

Group I
Paper 1 - Advanced Accounting
Paper 2 - Management Accounting & Financial Analysis
Paper 3 - Advanced Auditing
Paper 4 - Corporate Laws & Secretarial

Group II
Paper 5 - Cost Management
Paper 6 - Management Information and Control Systems
Paper 7 - Direct Taxes
Paper 8 - Indirect Taxes

Note : Various paper wise exemptions are available.

All the best...go ahead!!

Regards
Guri Kaur
24th January 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

hello, i have completed my intermediate, i want to do CA course, guide me.......
24th February 2013, 04:40 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

After passing 12th Standard you can give for CA course.

The CA course has three stages:

Common Proficiency Test

Integrated Professional Competency Test

Final Course

The duration of the course is 3 years and there are lots and lots of colleges available to get admission into the course.

I suggest you to select a best college in your locality for admission into the course.

Thank you,

All the best.
24th February 2013, 07:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello, i have completed my intermediate, i want to do CA course, guide me.......
Since you have completed you 12th class or intermediate, now to apply for the CA course you have to appear in the CPT exams.

If you clear the CPT exams , you can than enrol for the second stage that is IPCC

The first step is that you should take admission in the CPT course
Than you have to apply for the CPT exams that will be held in June 2013

Next CPT exams would be held on 16th June 2013
Forms for this exam would be filled from 3rd April 2013 to 24th April 2013

In the CPT exams questions are asked from the below sections:
Fundamentals of accounting
Mercantile LAWS
General economics
Quantitative Aptitude
28th February 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

sr i have completed my 12 th in medicle stream ?now i m doing graduation in commerce (1st year) please tell me can i appear forCA examss right now?
28th February 2013, 09:38 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........

CA course stands for Chattered Accountant course which is held ICAI i.e Institute of Chattered Accountant of India.
CA course has three levels which are as follows.
Foundation - CPT
Inter - IPCC which has two groups
Final - it also has two groups.

Now there is a good news for Graduate that they can skip the foundation level of CA course & can directly join in IPCC .

The candidates have to be graduate with 55% in aggregate for commerce background, & 60 for non Commerce background.

The subjects which you have to study :

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 27616bos-directca17162b.pdf(93.3 KB, 192 views)
7th March 2013, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

I persue in BBA-2 ,I will complete my graduation upto 2013-2014.After bba i would like to choose ca course,forthat please give me information for choosing foundation or executive or professional programme.I have commerce background.
9th March 2013, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR I REGISTERED SEPTEMBER 20 TH 2012 FOR IPCC & ARTICLE SHIP DURING THE THESE DAY I DOING MY ARTICLE SHIP I COMPLETING MY ITT IN MARCH MONTH .BUT I CAN'T ABLE TO COMPETE THE ORIENTATION COURSE.SO I CAN'T SUBMIT THE RECORD WITH IN 31TH MARCH 2013 TO THE INSTITUTE . I NEED NOT FOR MAY 2013 IPCC EXAMS . WHAT IS THE CRITERIA FOR IPCC EXAMS IN NOVEMBER .THE INSTITUTES SIR SAYING YOU CAN'T SIT IN EVEN NOVEMBER 2013 EXAMS ALSO WHAT I DO SIR I WANT WRITE EXAM'S IN NOVEMBER PLEASE SUGGEST ME SIR
7th April 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for CA without math in 11 and 12
8th April 2013, 10:04 AM
daveparth111

CA Entrance examination is a very important exam for the commerce students in India. These examinations are conducted throughout the country for recruiting students with ICAI.*

CA is an abbreviation of Chartered Accountant. ICAI is also known as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, which is the 2nd largest accounting organization across the globe. This statutory body is associated with maintaining and developing highly ethical accounting and auditing standards.

Eligibility for CA Entrance Exams

1. The aspiring candidate for a CA exam should have cleared the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2). Students waiting for (10+2) results can also apply.

2. Students can join a CA program after (10+2) or graduation. There is no restriction in terms of age or percentage secured in (10+2).

Admission Process and CA Entrance Exam Pattern

1. CPT – Common Proficiency Test is the most important examination to be cleared by the candidates in order to enter the area of chartered accountancy.

2. Common proficiency test is conducted 2 times in a year in the months of June and December.

3. CPT includes 4 subject tests that the candidate is required to clear. The subjects are as follows:

A: Accounting
B: Mercantile Laws*
C: General Economics*
D: Quantitative Aptitude Test*
4. CPT is a 2 hours exam and is divided into 2 sessions each. CPT is an objective type 200 marks exam with negative marking for wrong answers.*

5. The CPT examination requires the candidate to secure 50% marks for qualifying.
10th May 2013, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

How to join a course during study bsc 1st year.
23rd May 2013, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

i am also interested in doing CA, but i want to ask the seniors that the subjects which are in the course are different?
3rd June 2013, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

i have done my masters in science .. do i need to clear CPT or can i apply directly to Integrated Professional Competence course.
14th June 2013, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Where i Can LOOK for JOBS After Completing B.sc(INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)?What Kind of jobs are available?
17th June 2013, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

I am a government employee, I have a degree with 70% marks maths as one subject. am I eligible for IPCC and CA final exams while I am doing job? Is there any age limit.
9th July 2013, 10:19 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Eligibility:-

A student who has passed Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto may join the Integrated Professional Competence Course.

The following categories of students shall be exempted from passing the Common Proficiency Test (CPT):

Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognised University (including Open University).
10th July 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i completed diploma in mechanical.i interested in chartered accountancy.can i join CA?
3rd August 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Sc (statistics,maths,computer science),and M.Sc(statistics) can I do CA?
5th August 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Mukesh Sharma

I have passed B.Com with 45.24% mark from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra.
I have passed M.Com with 42.64% mark from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra.
I have passed Executive MBA with 67.80% mark from Eiilm University Sikkam.
I want to know that I am eligible for Admision IPCC Directly or I have to clear CPT for CA.
26th August 2013, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

whats criteria for m.com.
8th September 2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
I passed b.com hons from delhi university with 44% MARKS , m I eligible to take admission directly in ipcc or I have to appear for cpt exam.
please do mail me on this email id- [email protected]
thanks
loveleen
8th September 2013, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i have passed B.COM with 57% can i do C.A?
30th September 2013, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12 th from cbse board with 55% can i do c.a and how
30th September 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

MY AGE 26 NOW I HAVE PASSED 10 TH IN 2002 AFTER DISCONTINUE MY STUDIES RECENTLY AS THROW INTER BOARD COMPLETE MY CEC AS ON PRIVATE CANDITE CAN I DO CA PLS RPLY ME
2nd November 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a BBA IN FINANCE student .can i go dirctily to icai (second)stage without cpt ?
27th November 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am pursuing graduation second year from political honours.i want to ask can i join directly second year of ca without cpt after graduation.if it is possible so is there any percentage matter in graduation .. plz tell me on this address. [email protected]
19th January 2014, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

can i do CA after arts graduation
19th March 2014, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.com in accounting & finance with 48.63% in 2011 and after that I have completed m.b.a in marketing with 64.11% in 2013. Should I eligible for C.A. course?
20th March 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.sc with Zoology honours. should I eligible for C.A. courses and whether it should be done in correspondance
18th May 2014, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

sir m sofia noreen from pakistan ,also donig ca in pakistan but nw i want to continue in india please tell me procedure to take admission in a best institiute.
13th July 2014, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir .i am b.a private and i m serving in army .so i want to do c.a course .is it possible ? if no ,so pleace you tell me that what can i do in job period.
Thank you..
19th August 2014, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i am a CA student my question is that i have completed both groups of IPCC ,so i want do actuarial science course also so what is the procedure?
5th September 2014, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR! My name is MAHESH VARMA. I was completed my 3 yrs Diploma..My frnd said Diploma candidates are ALSO eligible to CA...IS THIS TRUE???
IF it is true!! DEN tell me how can i join CA...
6th October 2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

HI MY NAME IS RAJKUMAR. I HAVE DONE MY GRADUATION WITH PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY AND MATH WITH 60% MARKS. RECENTLY I AM WORKING AS PRIMARY TEACHER IN A GOVERNMENT PRIMARY SCHOOL IN U.P. PLZ TELL ME WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE FOR DOING C.A WITH MY JOB. AND IF I AM ELIGIBLE WHAT WOULD BE THE PROCESS.
12th December 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I am 12fail student can i do engineearing and other best cources what cources best for me for my carier
15th April 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am sandip.I have completed B.B.M with correspondance .and I pass 2nd devision. should I eligible for C.A. courses and how to applay for this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?