9th June 2011, 06:17 PM
aditya kumar pal

Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?

Sir I have completed my BE in mechanical branch and I want to write the SAIL exam
Will you please tell me what is the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam
My mean to say
How much % in 10th & 12th bord exam & in BE
Further I want to ask Is SAIL exam held every year or not

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAF Pilot? What percentage is needed in 10th and 12th board exam? What is the height needed?
  2. Percentage needed in 12th to appear for the NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?
  3. Percentage needed in 12th for the entrance in BAMS? Eligibility criteria for it?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying WBJEE exam after completion of 10th standard from CBSE board?
  5. Eligibility criteria for Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Exam for students of Assam?
  6. Eligibility criteria of Infosys according to marks obtained in 10th and 12th board
  7. Selection procedure for MCA students in ONPC, NTPC, BHEL, SAIL? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
  8. Minimum marks required to do Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. What is the basis of selecting merit list for diploma students?
  10. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  11. Eligibility Criteria to study Diploma(Polytechnic) from Maharashtra? Is good marks in 10th is sufficient to take admission in Diploma? -- [New]
  12. What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Acturial science entrance exam after 12th standard? Eligibility criteria?
  14. Eligibility criteria of SAIL for Internship programme for B.Tech(ME) student? In which month entrance exam will be conducted?
  15. JNU MCA eligibility based on percentage in 10th, 12th and Graduation (BCA)
  16. Commerce with Computer Group student can take Air Hostess course? Percentage needed for this course?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for Infosys?
  18. What is the percentage needed in 12th board to apply for medical entrance exam?

2nd September 2011, 05:55 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya kumar pal View Post
Sir I have completed my BE in mechanical branch and I want to write the SAIL exam
My mean to say

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SAIL EXAM

The common eligibility criteria for attending SAIL exam is as follows...

-> The student must a engineering graduate from the following disciplines - mechanical, electrical, metallurgy, chemical, Electronics & Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Civil, Ceramics and Computer Science from a recognized University.

-> The % of marks should be minimum of 65% in all years/semesters (50% for SC/ST).

-> Students completed MCA with same aggregate are also eligible.

-> Age limit is 30 years for General candidates and 35 for SC/ST, 33 for OBC and 40 years for physically challenged candidates..

-> There is no particular % needed for 10th, 12th std, pass in school studies is more than enough...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> SAIL exam is conducted based on the need of employee's and it's not sure it will happen every year...

-> To know more about SAIL exam and dates CLICK HERE!!!

2nd September 2011, 08:15 PM
malek basit

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?

hello friends...

I think you want to know about SAIL

Special Class Railway Apprentice (SAIL) Eligibilty Criteria

Age: The candidates aspiring for the SCRA examination must have attained 17 years of age and must not have completed 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination. Certain categories of persons as specified in the Notice are eligible for age relaxation.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination a candidate-

(a) Must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply,

or

(b) must have passed in the first or second division, the Higher Secondary (12 years) Examination under 10 plus 2 pattern of School Education with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> SAIL exam is conducted based on the need of employee's and it's not sure it will happen every year...

"best guidelines"

2nd September 2011, 08:23 PM
Nforce

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?

Well dude the basic eligibility of SAIL exam is you have to passed your bachelor degree that is B.Tech or MCA.
In B.Tech with any branch like Electrical, Metallurgy, Chemical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Civil, Electronics & Telecommunications, Ceramics and Computer Science from a recognized university with minimum marks of 65% in all years/semester for GEN Category OR 50% marks for SC/ST category, are eligible to apply for the exam.
For MCA passed out student required minimal with 65% for GEN OR 50% for SC/ST category.

There is also age limit-
For General Student age limit is 30 years,
For SC/ST Student age limit is 35 years,
For OBC Student age limit is 33, and
Physically handicapped people it is 40 years.

And I think there is not importance eligibility in 10th or 12th.

I hope the following information provided is satisfied you.
I you have any further query related this post or your question the frequently post your reply. thank you.

4th September 2011, 04:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya kumar pal View Post
My mean to say
dear friend,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SAIL EXAM:-

Educational Qualification :

You must have be completed Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university .

The eligible stream are Mechanical , chemical, computer science, civil, electronics & telecommunications, metallurgy, ceramics, instrumentations or electrical.

You should be score at least 65% (50 % for SC / ST).

Those who have MCA degree are also eligible provided the minimum aggregate marks is 65 % ( 50% for SC / ST candidates).

Your age should not be crossed 30 years.

There is relaxation of 5 yrs. for SC / ST, 3 yrs for OBC & 10 yrs for physically handicapped candidates.

thanks

26th January 2012, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir, Is Gate exm result is valid for entering in sail.i have heard that gate marksheet is valid under sail and we dont need to appear for sail separtely.IS IT TRUE?

26th February 2012, 08:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The main eligibility required for attending the SAIL exam is a graduation degree. If you are an engineering graduate you can apply for the technical positions in SAIL as per your specialization streams. The percentage of marks to be scored in the graduation level is 65%. You need to score more than 50% marks in both your 10th and 12th board exam. SAIL conducts annual recruitment every year and will issue notifications regarding the same which will be published in leading newspapers and dailies.

12th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

i have 73%marks in10th, 54.5%in 12th and 65%in btech ECE .am i eligible for mnc job? plz suggest me..

12th April 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

my college do not give marks in % .it gives in point nd i have 7.1 in all semester(ogpa) am i eligible?

6th March 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Is there any.negative marking in sail exam......... and how to clear this exam

23rd January 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir may I kw that in one semester I got 6.3 ...is I applicable bcoz I got in all stem good 7.0 bT in one sem I got 6.3 plz reply may I applicable

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?