14th September 2011, 11:06 AM
Deeepak raj pun

What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? I am studying in India

my nationality is nepali,i want to appear in the psu exam and i am studying in india last 11th class and now running 3rd year electronics engg.
kindly,hopping your positive response.............
[email protected]

3rd February 2012, 03:54 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? I am studying in India

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) generally Public Sector Undertaking exam varies from company to company.Basically the eligibility criteria is that you must be graduate from any recognized university with minimum aggregate of 60% in your Bachelor’s Degree in these given discipline like Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics, and SC/ST candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% Marks.Age - 21 Years to 30 Years. But only Hindustan Aeronautics Limited wants 65% marks.As per my knowledge the candidate must be a citizen of India.
3rd February 2012, 08:57 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? I am studying in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeepak raj pun View Post
my nationality is nepali,i want to appear in the psu exam and i am studying in india last 11th class and now running 3rd year electronics engg.
[email protected]
Eligibility criteria

General requirements:

• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC

List of companies with their Eligibility criteria for Management trainee / Engineer / Engineering Graduates / Executive Trainees.

HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)

Eligibility:

• Graduate in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Production/Computer Science/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautic Branches of Engineering from any recognized Institution/University.

• General/ OBC candidates should have secured 65% marks and SC/ST candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% Marks. in the aggregate (average of marks scored for all the Semesters/ Years) Or corresponding CGPA Ratings / Gradations in their Engineering Degree Examinations.

• Engineering Graduates in the Aeronautical Branch with minimum aggregate 60% marks (for General/OBC) and 50% for SC/ST would be eligible to apply.

• Applications should be submitted strictly 'ONLINE' by logging to HAL Website after recruitment notification

NTPC

Eligibility:

• Students belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged categories (Visually Handicapped / Hearing Handicapped / Orthopaedically Handicapped) and pursuing full time degree course in Engineering in the disciplines of Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunication from a college / university institute recognized by the Govt. of India and should be in the Third Year are eligible to apply for the exam with 65% marks.

• Age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years OBC candidates

• Minimum 55% marks for SC/ST/Physically challenged persons

• Maximum age limit vary with category of posts as specified by NTPC from time to time through advertisements.

HPCL Recruitment of Officer Trainees- Engineering Disciplines

Eligibility:

• Qualifications – Full time Graduates in Engineering / Technology in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Electronics & Telecommunications Discipline from a recognised Indian University / Institute.

• Max Age Limit.SC / ST: 30 years, after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives

• OBC : 28 years , after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives

• SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply.

• Those candidates who will be appearing for their Final Year can also apply. SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) are eligible to apply. However, their eligibility for the selection will be subject to their obtaining minimum 60 % (For SC/ST-minimum 50 %) in aggregate in qualifying degree.

Selection :

Written Test/ Interview:

Candidates fulfilling all of the above criteria will be eligible for appearing for Written Test which is objective type consisting of two parts.

• General Aptitude

• Academic Knowledge
The candidates will be called for the Personal Interview as per the policy of the Corporation.

BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

Qualification:

• Full time Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics) from a recognized Institute, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

• Upper Age Limit 30 years

DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)

Essential Qualifications

Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Following Branches:

• Electronics & Communication Engineering

• Mechanical Engineering

• Computer Science & Engineering

• Chemical Engineering

• Electrical Engineering

• Instrumentation Engineering

• Metallurgical Engineering.

• First class Master’s Degree in Science in Chemistry/Physics from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Age Limit

The upper age limit is 28 years (as on 31st May 2010). It is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/HH/OH candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them as per rules in vogue. Age is also relaxable for Armed Forces Personnel as per rules in vogue.

Nationality

Only Indian nationals need apply.

BSNL- JTO (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- Junior Telecom. Officers)

Eligibility:

Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.

Educational Qualifications:

JTO (Telecom)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college/university:

• Telecommunication

• Electronics

• Radio

• Computer

• Electrical

• Information Technology

Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.

JTO (Civil)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply .

JTO (Electrical)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.

The applicant for JTOs(Telecom), JTOs(Civil) and JTOs(Electrical) should not be more than 30 years of age on the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates. However, this age is relaxable as per standing instructions on this subject for:

• Govt. servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt.

• BSNL employees upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the BSNL

• For Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes candidates upto 5 years

• For OBC Candidates upto 3 years

• For General Category PH candidates upto 10 years, (for SC/ST 15 years and for OBC 13 years)

• For certain other categories like ex-servicemen, displaced persons from East Pakistan[now Bangladesh], repatriates from Burma and Ceylon [now Srilanka],residents of Goa, Daman & Diu, persons migrated from Kenya, Uganda, Republic of Tanzania as per instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.

• For Residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP&T’s Notification No.15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dtd. 7.12.2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”.

Further in respect of apprentices who have undergone apprentice training in BSNL successfully, there will be following provision:

• An apprentice will be required to compete in the common competitive examination conducted by BSNL along with other direct candidates and preference to the apprentices over non-apprentices direct candidates will be given only if apprentices secures equal place in merit in select zone and all other eligibility conditions being equal.

• The apprentices would not be required to get her/his name sponsored by any employment exchange.

• The apprentices would be entitled to age relaxation to the extent of the period for which the apprentice had undergone training as apprentice in the BSNL.
3rd February 2012, 09:01 PM
anlakshmi

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking.

General Requirements for PSU:

B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC
3rd February 2012, 09:55 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? I am studying in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeepak raj pun View Post
[email protected]

Eligibility For Appearing in PSU Exams

From the year 2012 onward.. the Public Sector Units like NTPC, BHEL,DRDO,BEL,etc have decided to recruit the candidates on the basis of their GATE score..

For appearing in the GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering) a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must be a final year B.Tech student or a B.Tech graduate in any stream..

2) The candidates possessing dual degrees or M.Sc. are also eligible for appearing in the exam..

NOTE :- There is no restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in the exam neither there is any age limit..

Pre-final year candidates are not eligible for appearing in GATE

For more information on GATE you can just Click Here

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of GATE ECE along with this post for your reference..

Go through them and i hope they will help you out in your preparations..

Observe the pattern and the level of the questions asked in these papers..

For study material and more exam question papers you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE ec2006.pdf(766.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf GATE-ECE-2007.pdf(4.83 MB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf GATE-ECE-2010.pdf(5.14 MB, 72 views)
4th February 2012, 01:44 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-out
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?