9th June 2012, 08:50 PM
kishor kuntal

What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA

hello sir im doing b.c.a nd i want to do m.c.a nd i want to fight the m.c.a entrance exam so tell me what is the eligibilty for m.c.a entrance exams
nd in which 12th i have dosn't maths subject i have done my 12th commerce streem with computer so tell me im eligible or not for m.c.a entrance exam

10th June 2012, 10:35 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishor kuntal View Post
hello sir im doing b.c.a nd i want to do m.c.a nd i want to fight the m.c.a entrance exam so tell me what is the eligibilty for m.c.a entrance exams
nd in which 12th i have dosn't maths subject i have done my 12th commerce streem with computer so tell me im eligible or not for m.c.a entrance exam
MCA Stands for Master of Computer Application , the course is divided into Six Semester and the duration of course is 3 years .

Qualification required for MCA :-

The candidate should have passed graduate degree with any desire subject from a reputed University or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination . 55% aggregate marks for reserved categories . Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for MCA exam .

There is no backlogs at the time of appearing for this exam , if you have any backlogs then you are not eligible to apply for this examination . Important thing the candidate must have a compulsory studied Maths as subjects at 12th examination . If you are not studied then you are not eligible to apply for MCA Entrance examination .

Because Maths as compulsory subject at 12th examination . But without maths you can apply for Private degree college or private engineering for direct admission . Even Some college also asking MCA entrance exam Score but if you have a secure high marks in your exam then you can get direct admission in Private colleges or you can have to pay the donation to join the Course .

MCA Entrance Exams :- AICET , ICET , TANCET , JNU MCA ...etc.

Pattern for MCA Exam :- Quantitative Aptitude , English Language , Reasoning , Computer awareness , General awareness .
10th June 2012, 01:25 PM
makancsv

Default Re: What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA

Hey,

Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) is a three-year, full-time Post
Graduate Programme imparted by various universities across India. The primary
emphasis in MCA is on training students on designing information systems for
various organisations such as banks, insurance companies, hotels, hospitals etc.
Thus, the main function of MCA graduates is development of application
software in diverse areas.

Eligibility Criteria

>>Aspirants who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course.

>>Students who would like to join the MCA course must have a pass in graduation with more than 60 percent marks.( 55% for reserved categories)

>>Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply.

>>These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.

>>There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

>>The age limit is 17 years to 25 years at the beginning of the course.

>>Candidates should not have any backlogs

Top institutions that offer MCA courses include:

Banaras Hindu University
Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
Calicut University
Delhi University
Goa University
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Kerala University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Mahatma Gandhi University
MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
Nagpur University
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
Pondicherry Central University
Pune University
Punjab University
Vellore Institute Of Technology

Best of luck!!!
10th June 2012, 01:26 PM
makancsv

Smile Re: What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA

Hey,

Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) is a three-year, full-time Post
Graduate Programme imparted by various universities across India. The primary
emphasis in MCA is on training students on designing information systems for
various organisations such as banks, insurance companies, hotels, hospitals etc.
Thus, the main function of MCA graduates is development of application
software in diverse areas.

Eligibility Criteria

>>Aspirants who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course.

>>Students who would like to join the MCA course must have a pass in graduation with more than 60 percent marks.( 55% for reserved categories)

>>Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply.

>>These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.

>>There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

>>The age limit is 17 years to 25 years at the beginning of the course.

>>Candidates should not have any backlogs

Top institutions that offer MCA courses include:

Banaras Hindu University
Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
Calicut University
Delhi University
Goa University
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Kerala University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Mahatma Gandhi University
MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
Nagpur University
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
Pondicherry Central University
Pune University
Punjab University
Vellore Institute Of Technology

Best of luck!!!
10th June 2012, 02:50 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
MCA stands for master of computer application.
Duration of this course is 3 years i.e. six semester
Eligblity for MCA entrance exam;
>you have passed a graduate from a recognized university in any subject.
Final year students are also eligible.
There will be no backlogs at the exam time.
MCA ENTRANCE EXAM;
TANCET
ICET
AICET
Many more
10th June 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Telk me i am eligible or not for m.c.a. Entrance exam
10th June 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Tell me i am eligible or not for m.c.a. Entrancetexam
10th June 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Tell me i am eligible or not for m.c.a. Entrancetexam
10th June 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Tell me i am eligible or not for entrance exam
14th June 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir! i have only 56% in 10 2 with PCM and 69% in graduation from MDU ROHTAK by distance education . Sir ! may i give IIT roorkee MCA entrance exam ? Sir! please reply me as soon as posible.
15th June 2012, 02:20 AM
guruvana244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir! i have only 56% in 10 2 with PCM and 69% in graduation from MDU ROHTAK by distance education . Sir ! may i give IIT roorkee MCA entrance exam ? Sir! please reply me as soon as posible.

MCA Stands for Master of Computer Application , the course is divided into Six Semester and the duration of course is 3 years .
Qualification required for MCA :-

The candidate should have passed graduate degree with any desire subject from a reputed University or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination . 55% aggregate marks for reserved categories . Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for MCA exam .

There is no backlogs at the time of appearing for this exam , if you have any backlogs then you are not eligible to apply for this examination . Important thing the candidate must have a compulsory studied Maths as subjects at 12th examination . If you are not studied then you are not eligible to apply for MCA Entrance examination .

Because Maths as compulsory subject at 12th examination . But without maths you can apply for Private degree college or private engineering for direct admission . Even Some college also asking MCA entrance exam Score but if you have a secure high marks in your exam then you can get direct admission in Private colleges or you can have to pay the donation to join the Course .

MCA Entrance Exams :-
AICET , ICET , TANCET , JNU MCA ...etc.

Pattern for MCA Exam :-
Quantitative Aptitude , English Language , Reasoning , Computer awareness , General awareness .
15th June 2012, 12:36 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To study MCA you should pass your bachelors degree with minimum 50% marks and you should have mathematics at 10+2 level and at the graduation level.

Following are some of the top MCA universities in India:-

Banaras Hindu University, Varnasi
University of Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab)
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
23rd July 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

i have studied business maths in 12th standard.why i'll not available to write mca tancet exam?
23rd July 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

now i'm doing BCA,iam studied busiiness maths in 12th,why i'll not available to write MCA tancet exam in 2013?
11th August 2012, 11:47 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application

Eligibility for MCA:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree with minimum 55% from recognise universities.

=> With Mathematics subject
=> Generally Age limit should Not exist 30 years relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category.

Future Job Opportunity After MCA:

You can get job placement of this reputed compny.

=> Wipro
=> TCS
=> Intel
=> HP
=> Microsoft
=> Infosys
=> Google
=> HCL

All the Best
31st August 2012, 09:09 PM
55555viks

Default Re: eligibility for MCA entrance.

hellow sir,
i have complitted my Bsc.IT from distance education with 75%.(12th Sc. without math)
so am i eligible for MCA..?
26th October 2012, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Now anna university say, a person who stutied maths at their ug level they are eligibile to mca. And my brother join an engineering college. IS it true?
4th December 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

hello sir , i am the student of b.c.a final year so, i want to know how i prepare for m.c.a entrance test i have lots of difficulties in mathematics nd reasoning?
31st January 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BCA from RAJASTHAN UNIVERCITY, but i did not have maths in 12th, can i do MCA after BCA?
31st January 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BCA from RAJASTHAN UNIVERCITY, but i did not have maths in 12th, can i do MCA after BCA?
7th March 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Atleast how much percentage is needed in 12th and in graduation for doing MCA?
7th March 2013, 05:07 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1.To apply for MCA course you should complete Bachelor degree in (BCA / BBA /B.sc / B.tech ) from recognized university .
2.You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .
3.There is no age limit for MCA course .
4. You should have Mathematics as Main subject in 12th standard (or) Bachelor degree .
5.You need to crack the Entrance Examination which is conducted by the Institution .

All The Best
13th May 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I complete bba in 44% is i eligible to do mba in bharathiyar university
14th July 2013, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing graduation in commerce streeming and 12th also commerce.can i do mca.
15th July 2013, 11:39 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishor kuntal View Post
If you do not have Mathematics in 12th class and doing BCA course thus after completing your BCA course you will be eligible to apply for any MCA entrance exam for taking admission in MCA Course.

Eligibility required for MCA Entrance Exam :
  • Candidates having BCA/B.sc(IT) degree will be eligible to take appear in MCA Entrance Exam.
  • Candidates with any other degree with Mathematics/Statistics in degree level will also be eligible to take appear in MCA Entrance Exam.
  • Candidates minimum marks in BCA/B.sc(IT)/Bachelor degree course should be 50%.
There are various entrances exam for MCA Course.Every college conducts its own entrance exam for MCA course/they take entrance exam through state level engineering test.These are :
  1. BITCAT for Birla Institute of Technology,Mesra.
  2. JNU-JEE for Jawahar Lal Nehru University,New Delhi.
  3. IIT-JAM for IIT.
  4. NIMCET for NIT.
  5. BHU-JEE for Banaras Hindu University...etc.
Quote:
So for taking admission in particular college you will have to visit their particular official website.

Competitive entrance exam for which you can apply after doing MCA are :
  1. GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).
  2. ISRO.
  3. IBPS IT Officer.
  4. BSNL JTO.
Through GATE Exam you will able to get jobs in Maharatnas/Navratnas Companies.Some of these companies/Organizations are :
  • SAIL.
  • BHEL.
  • HPCL.
  • IOCL.
  • GAIL.
  • CCL....etc.
After completing your MCA course,there will be number of IT organizations in which you will able to work as a Software developer/Network Administrator.
  • Hindustan Computer Limited.
  • Hewlet Packard.
  • Dell.
  • Sony Ericson.
  • IBM.
  • Oracle.
  • Jindal Softech Limited.
  • Birla Sofwtare.
  • TCS.
  • Cognizent.

15th July 2013, 01:59 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi..............
Friends,

MCA stand for - Master of Computer Application.

MCA course duration 3 years.

MC eligibility Criteria like ::
=================

You must be citizen of Indian

You must be complete graduation degree in any recognized university

Your graduation degree with minimum 60 % of marks

There is no age limit

You must be written entrance test.
28th January 2014, 06:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed graduation with bio chemistry but I had maths in my 10 2. M I eligible to appear for MCA entrance?
11th April 2014, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to having mathematics in 12th to get addmission in mca after doing bca
20th January 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Hey there,i am currently doing BCA and i would like to pursue MCA after completing but the problem is,even though i had maths in 10 2,i have backlog in it so am i eligible for the entrance exams?
20th January 2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Hey there,i am currently doing BCA and i would like to pursue MCA after completing but the problem is,even though i had maths in 10 2,i have backlog in it so am i eligible for the entrance exams?
21st January 2016, 11:30 AM
anuradha1985

MCA Stands for Master of Computer Application,and it is 3 years course.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates should have degree in BCA or other stream,they must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2

There are many college who conduct entrance exam for MCA.
5th April 2017, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i am doing bca final year and i am interested to join mca, i was finished tancet entrance exam for MCA in 2017 but now i am not fully satisfied in that exam, so hereafter i will write any other entrance or tancet is enough for me to join MCA.
20th October 2019, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have cleared my 10th class with 55% and 12th class with 48%. And now I am currently in TYCS. Is am eligible for mca.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?