10th August 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to write KVPY exam? How to apply for this exam?

what is the eligibility to write kvpy exam?and what i do to apply to this exam

27th April 2019, 08:25 PM
parvathyravi
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility to write KVPY exam? How to apply for this exam?

Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level exam to encourage students in the field of basic science. Students who clear this exam will get monthly scholarship up to pre doctorate level. To continue the fellowship, students have to attend summer programmes in reputed national institutes or DSIR research labs. Mainly there are 3 streams for which KVPY is conducted ie SA, SX,SB

1) SA
Students studying in eleventh standard ( science stream) with a minimum 75% marks in 10 board exam. Minimum marks vary depending on your category

2)SX
Students studying in twelfth standard science branch with minimum 75% marks in science subjects

3)SB
Students studying in first year graduation in any basic science branch with minimum 60& marks in science subjects in 12 standard

The exam has two levels- Aptitude test and Interview
8th May 2019, 09:43 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility to write KVPY exam? How to apply for this exam?

They should have scored at least 75% marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics and Science in the 10th standard board examinations. They must join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Math/B.Stat/B.S./B.Sc.)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?