29th December 2012, 04:07 PM
shwemurugan

What is the essential criteria to do B.Tech ECE 2nd year?

sir, i am doing B.Tech ECE second year. What are the essential criteria and what are the areas i should concentrate more. Please suggest me to my mail id [email protected]

6th July 2013, 12:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the essential criteria to do B.Tech ECE 2nd year?

It depends on your future plans. If you are planning to crack GATE by final year, then prepare for the exam based on its syllabus. Core topics in engineering and engineering mathematics are covered for the exam. UPSC conducted Engineering Services Exam is also suitable for you to have a rewarding career. Networks, electronic devices, analog/digital circuits, control systems, communications, etc some of the core topics in ECE.
6th July 2013, 09:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
The essential criteria of doing B.Tech ECE course is because you can get a job in any of both Software or Hardware fields and you can also go for higher studies like M.Tech,etc...,You can also crack the exams like GATE,GRE-TOEFL,etc...,
And being a ECE student you have to concentrate more on electronics part,Electronic Circuits,Electronic Devices and Circuits,signals and systems,Applications of mathematics to practical concepts.

And there is a need to develop your
communication skills by presenting power presentations,giving seminars,etc...
After completing your B.Tech ECE course with 60% or above and if you have excellent communication skills, then you can get good job opportunities with high salary package of about 4-5 lakhs per year.

**Job Opportunities :
After completing B.Tech in ECE course you can find job opportunities in both software or hardware fields in both government and private sectors like :
-->ECIL
-->NTPC
-->ISRO
-->BSNL
-->BHEL
-->SAIL
-->DRDO
-->INFOSYS
-->WIPRO
-->IBM
-->MAHINDRA
-->TCS

Thank You
6th July 2013, 10:28 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

The essential criteria to do B.Tech ECE branch is totally depends on your future plans.

If you are planning to crack GATE by final year , then you are prepare for all core subject in ECE branch

Also you go through GATE syllabus and you prepare for it by planning

core topics in ECE and engineering mathematics are covered for the exam

Some of the core topics in ECE are Networks,analog/digital circuits,control systems,
communications,Embedded systems,VLSI(Very Large Scale Integration) etc
6th July 2013, 11:05 PM
varshuk

Smile Re: What is the essential criteria to do B.Tech ECE 2nd year?

Hello friend!

The subject Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE), you have taken has a lot of scope in the future to get better opportunities. It is an evergreen subject in the market because most of the technology is dependent on the elctronics. Each and every elctronic equipments which we are using day-to-day mostly that is totally dependent on the electronics. So, i feel that the subject which you have taken becomes very essential for you in the future.

And, the question which you have asked is not clear. But, dont worry i would clear your doubt. For doing B.tech ECE 2nd year there are many more essential things to come because there would be many core subjects in this year, which are very useful to you to have a grip on the subject and as well as you can excel in many more competitive exams like GATE for doing higher studies i.e., M.Tech. Besides that, you can even qualify in technical written tests conducted by the companies to get placements(job) after B.tech. And, if you are interested in any of the teaching jobs then the subjects give you lots of information to get selected.

There are very interesting subjects in 2nd year ECE like Signals and Systems(SS), Control Systems(CS), Electronic Circuit Analysis(ECA), Pulse and Digital Circuits(PDC), Analog Communications(AC) and Electromagnetic Waves(EMI). These are all the best and core subjects which you need to concentrate upon mainly so that, you could gain more knowledge regarding these technical subjects in technical way in any of the technical field which you get placed in a job after your B.tech.

Even there are many more core subjects which you need to concentrate in the coming 3rd and 4th years ahead. So, please take care of it and try to give your best. Don't neglect these essential subjects and always try to think in a positive way as well as in practical way when it comes to the subject.

All The Best!
6th July 2013, 11:27 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwemurugan View Post
sir, i am doing B.Tech ECE second year. What are the essential criteria and what are the areas i should concentrate more. Please suggest me to my mail id [email protected]
As you are doing B.Tech in ECE(Electronics and Communication Engineering).Thus after completing your course you can be able to apply for Jobs in Government sectors.There are various Exams for which you can apply to get jobs in Government sectors.These are :
  • IBPS PO & IT Officer.
  • UPSC CDS.
  • UPSC Civil Services Exam.
  • UPSC Assistant Commandent Officer.
  • UPSC IES (Indian Engineering Services).
  • BSNL TTA.
Age Required :
  • Minimum age required to apply for the above listed jobs is 21 years.
  • Maximum age allowed to apply for the above listed jobs is 30 years.
Marks required :
  • Minimum marks required for General/OBC candidates - 60%.
  • Minimum marks required for SC/ST candidates - 50%.
Each exams has its own syllabus and each differs from other.But these are the sections which will be asked in all exams.These sections will also help you to get success in your Campus Placement.These are :-
  • Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
  • Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation.
  • General Awareness and General Knowledge.
  • English Grammar and Comprehension.
  • Knowledge of Computer.
If you want to go for higher studies such as M.Tech/M.E In Electronics and Communication then you will have to apply for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).Even in this entrance test questions will be asked from the above listed sections.GATE Exam will have two sections:
  • General Question Section.
  • Technical Question Section.
In General section questions will be asked from :

1)Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
2)General Knowledge and English.

In Technical sections there will be 65 questions related to your subjects.Total duration of this entrance test will be 2 hours and this section will be divided into two sub sections.These are :
  • Engineering Mathematics.
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?