9th January 2012, 02:14 AM
moneyjec

What is good for me after passing electrical engineering between GATE, MBA and UPSC?

i m a electrical enginner (3rd sem) what is good for me after my engineering... gate,mba,upsc...i dont decide plzzz help..

Related Questions:
  1. Good College or University this year for Integrated M.Tech Ph.D in electrical after Engineering (2009) with 6.7 GPA out of 10?
  2. Subject wise standard Books to prepare for GATE Exam in Electrical Engineering?
  3. GATE question papers of electrical engineering branch? Reference books for GATE electrical engineering?
  4. Which engineering college can I join for M.Tech in electrical engineering?
  5. Am i eligible for exams like GATE, CAT and UPSC after passing diploma in electrical engineering from JNRV Rajasthan?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  7. How to study IIM for MBA after passing B.E electrical engineering
  8. Suggested books for GATE Electrical engineering?
  9. What should I do after completing B.Tech in civil?
  10. How to prepare for JEST after passing B.Tech in Electrical engineering? Books to be referred?
  11. Study Material for GATE Exam in Electrical Engineering? How to get good score in GATE Exam?
  12. How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch
  13. What are the electrical training courses available after completion of B.Tech Electrical Engineering course? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to study M.Tech without GATE after completing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)?
  15. gate papers for electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Good institute for GATE preparation in electrical
  17. Which institutes are offering MBA in Power Management? Opportunities in electrical field?
  18. How can I prepare for GATE after passing B.Tech Electrical?
21st January 2012, 09:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is good for me after passing electrical engineering between GATE, MBA and UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyjec View Post
i m a electrical enginner (3rd sem) what is good for me after my engineering... gate,mba,upsc...i dont decide plzzz help..
Having done Engineering, I would never suggest you to go for Master of Business Administration, unless you are planning to start a business of your own. Since you belong to a technical stream, you must not switch to a completely different field because neither your engineering degree will add value to the MBA, nor the MBA will add extra value to your engineering career.
Now, out of the two available options, i.e. GATE and UPSC Exam, it depends whether you want to go for higher studies in your field or you want a relevant job in the public sector. If you have been planning to go for post graduate courses and finally a doctorate program, GATE is the perfect option, qualifying which will enable you to do so, whereas, to get a job in the public sector after graduation is not a bad option too. There could be nothing better than to get a job in the public sector and to do that, UPSC offers various examination, and the best one for you would be the Engineering Service Exam. To be eligible for this exam, you need to be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
So, it is basically your choice and your decision which is supposed to be based on your interest, necessity and your ultimate goal.
22nd January 2012, 01:30 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: What is good for me after passing electrical engineering between GATE, MBA and UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyjec View Post
I appreciate your planning of the career so well in advance!

You are evaluating three options: GATE, MBA, UPSC.

GATE is the gateway to do PG. If you are academically oriented and like teaching and its attendant benefits like guiding research scholars, pursuing your own research, submitting papers, participating in seminars, etc., you should opt for this. A PG degree adds to your value. You get a decent stipend during your PG course. Getting a good job in a reputed college is not a problem. AICTE approved scales are good. While teaching, you can pursue your own Ph.D. activities. Some colleges encourage you to take up industrial consultancy also. If you bring up good papers, you can go abroad and present them in seminars.

MBA switches your profession to Management from core engineering. Not a bad idea, given that management guys earn a fattish salary than the engg counterparts. You can choose an engineering oriented branch like Production Management or Project Management, where your engg knowledge will add value. Energy management, safety management are also other subjects. However, my advice would be not to immediately do MBA after BE, if you are keen on switching to Management. You should work and gather experience for at least two years before taking up MBA. Industrial experience is very good for MBA course.

Finally, UPSC. Well, this will land a job in Government. In practice, you do not have to make any special preparation, because if you study or revise the subjects you did for BE course, that is good enough for the UPSC. Of course, you have to put in some efforts in GK, etc. The results and the offer of appointment take almost an year to materialise. You should not waste the waiting period. You should take some job in private sector and gather experience. However, in Government, your salary may not be as good as the private sector counterparts even after the sixth pay commission. There is not much difference between a performer and a non-performer. As you rise high in the management cadre, you will find that your discretionary powers are very much limited due to the environment. Ultimately, you may not enjoy much of a job satisfaction.

Now, decision is yours!

All the best.
23rd January 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

taking these comments on my mind i get rid of doing mba....but i opt for gate i have decided,,,,plzzzz tell me the placements that recruit electricals engineers after doing m.tech from iits,&iisc....... and also do i take a coaching from 4th sem for this or not..
23rd January 2012, 09:47 PM
moneyjec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvidyasagar View Post
I appreciate your planning of the career so well in advance!

You are evaluating three options: GATE, MBA, UPSC.

GATE is the gateway to do PG. If you are academically oriented and like teaching and its attendant benefits like guiding research scholars, pursuing your own research, submitting papers, participating in seminars, etc., you should opt for this. A PG degree adds to your value. You get a decent stipend during your PG course. Getting a good job in a reputed college is not a problem. AICTE approved scales are good. While teaching, you can pursue your own Ph.D. activities. Some colleges encourage you to take up industrial consultancy also. If you bring up good papers, you can go abroad and present them in seminars.

MBA switches your profession to Management from core engineering. Not a bad idea, given that management guys earn a fattish salary than the engg counterparts. You can choose an engineering oriented branch like Production Management or Project Management, where your engg knowledge will add value. Energy management, safety management are also other subjects. However, my advice would be not to immediately do MBA after BE, if you are keen on switching to Management. You should work and gather experience for at least two years before taking up MBA. Industrial experience is very good for MBA course.

Finally, UPSC. Well, this will land a job in Government. In practice, you do not have to make any special preparation, because if you study or revise the subjects you did for BE course, that is good enough for the UPSC. Of course, you have to put in some efforts in GK, etc. The results and the offer of appointment take almost an year to materialise. You should not waste the waiting period. You should take some job in private sector and gather experience. However, in Government, your salary may not be as good as the private sector counterparts even after the sixth pay commission. There is not much difference between a performer and a non-performer. As you rise high in the management cadre, you will find that your discretionary powers are very much limited due to the environment. Ultimately, you may not enjoy much of a job satisfaction.

Now, decision is yours!

All the best.
taking thesee comments in my mind i get rid of doing mba...but tell me the placements who recruit electricals engineers after doing m.tech from iits & iisc
and also do i take coaching from 4th sem for gate or not.....
9th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i have just finished my electrical engineering with the aggrigate of 52% which is very poor. I donot have interest in engineering field. Should i go for mba? i want to prepare well and then give mba entrance exam. will it cause problem during my admission in mba college? is it advisable to do management related job for a year so that i get an experience? please help me!!!!
9th July 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

i have just finished my electrical engineering with 52% aggrigate which is very poor. i have done engineering in 5 yrs i.e with one year gap.. i got distinction in 10th and 12th. I dont have interest in electrical engineering and that is also the reason why my engineering marks are so less. Is it advisable for me to go for MBA because i will get a fresh start and i will be able to have a good future. I want to take a year gap nw and prepare for CAT, MAT, SNAP etc. Will this year gap cause problem during my admission in good mba colleges? or shoul i take up a job along with mba preparation other than engineering field which add to my resume? please help!!! i am very tensed...
29th July 2012, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Can a person do ME/MTech electronics after BE Electrical engineering
11th August 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

what sa;ary between beand mba
9th April 2014, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I don't have much interest in teaching n researches, I am more in favour with doing jobs in private sector. Which field would be better after doing b.tech in EEE (electrical and electronics engineering).
6th August 2014, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a 3rd semester ee student....... I m confused what to do after 1st year..... I scored 70%....... I don't want to do any technical work and want to do something logical nd I have a great interest in government job..... Plz do tell me because I really want a good job for my parents nd want support them
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?