6th May 2011, 09:42 PM
srinath.kkn

What is ICWA and CA? Difference between them and details about both the courses?

what is icwa and what is ca? what is the differnce between them?and details about the both courses?and what i have to opt if i want to complte it as early as possible?

28th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Default Re: What is ICWA and CA? Difference between them and details about both the courses?

The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) is a premier professional accountancy body established on May 28, 1959 under the Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959 (Act No.23rd of 1959) [1] enacted by the Parliament of India to regulate the profession of Cost Accountants in India.

The ICWAI is a Founder Member [2] of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) [3] and South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA).[4] ICWAI is a member of the National Foundation of Corporate Governance(NFCG).[5] The headquarters of ICWAI is situated in Kolkata, and operates through its four regional councils located at Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai, 94 chapters in India and 7 chapters abroad.

Chartered Accountants were the first accountants to form a professional body, initially established in Britain in 1854. The Edinburgh Society of Accountants (formed 1854), the Glasgow Institute of Accountants and Actuaries (1854) and the Aberdeen Society of Accountants (1867) were each granted a royal charter almost from their inception.[1] The title is an internationally recognised professional designation.[2]

Chartered Accountants work in all fields of business and finance. Some are engaged in public practice work, others work in the private sector and some are employed by government bodies.[3][4]

Chartered Accountants Institutes require members to undertake a minimum level of continuing professional development to stay ahead of their peers. They facilitate special interest groups - lead academic and professional thinking in accountancy. They provide support to members by offering advisory services, technical helplines and technical libraries. They offer opportunities for professional networking and career and business development.[5][6]

In the United States the approximate equivalent is the certified public accountant.
8th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is ICWA and CA? Difference between them and details about both the courses?

all subjects exams at once
10th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

which one is better to do CA or ICWA ? And what is the minimum salary after completing one of these course
18th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Reply please about I C W A colleges in Karnataka.
14th September 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Please reply me,

what is ICWA, duration, fees structure?
where the centers in Tamilnadu to join?
8th October 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

which is more tough ICWA OR C.A?
15th November 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello,please structure in course and fees details for CA and ICWAI
what is the difference between CA and ICWAI
26th November 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

i have given ipcc both group can i done icwa or i get any exmption for any subject
23rd December 2011, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Pls give some tips to study ICWA intermediate
24th January 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the fee structure after b-com for sc/st students
30th January 2012, 02:07 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear Frds, I am Manjunath. I have done my MBA in Finance, after this platform worked in marketing and NGO's and related finance but not fully. Now I realize to start my career begining stage. And also thinking join SAP in FICO modules. Because It should be very interesting and thinking new ways to finish that project within durating. Can you plz suggest.
21st March 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Accountancy tamil mediam question
22nd July 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

which has more scope CA or ICWA
22nd July 2012, 09:32 PM
Srikar achill

Thorough knowledge of every aspectof accounting, auditing and taxation.
Knowledge of cost and financial management to ensure a fine balance between expenditures and available resources.
CAs are involved in core accounting work of an organization Cost accountants are involved in the costing part of financial transactions.
CAs analyse risk and design efficient financial system
Cost Accountants assess the feasibility of projects vis-à-vis available funds
Taxation and auditing are main duties of a chartered accountant Cost management and designing cost control methods are main duties of a cost accountant
Important skills required is that of patience and confidence to handle responsibility Good communication is a key skill in cost accountants
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?