9th January 2012, 06:17 PM
manjeetreena

What is IES? Which are the posts related to this field?

Sir what is IES ?AND what are the posts related to this field? pleaes tell me what is it

17th February 2012, 05:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is IES? Which are the posts related to this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjeetreena View Post
Sir what is IES ?AND what are the posts related to this field? pleaes tell me what is it
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination.

This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories :

~~ Civil Engineering.
~~ Mechanical Engineering.
~~ Electrical Engineering.
~~ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate Engineering Degree course from a recognised University.

But you have to attained the age of 21 years and not attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

~~ The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 745 including 50 PH vacancies.

So, If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please wait for this year Notification.

The Notification will be published soon in the month of February i.e on 25/Feb/2012

The last date of apply for this examination Online : 26/March/2012

Examination will be held on 15/June/2012

~~ Candidates have fill the application form "Online" Only. There is no offline application form Facility from this year.

You have to pay the fees through any one of the modes :

~~ Pay the fees by SBI Debit/Credit Card
~~ Pay the fees by SBI NET Banking
~~ Pay the fees Direct in SBI Bank

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
17th February 2012, 05:27 PM
vipinbharti

Quote:
Indian Engineering Services (IES) are the technical services that meet the technical and management function of the government of India. Government spending comprises 15 percent of the India's GDP.
17th February 2012, 05:32 PM
priyanka_22

Quote:
Dear ,
First and far most requirement is to clear Engineering from any recognised university. Fairly if you are appearing for the coming one here are complete details .

UPSC Indian Engineering Services Entrance (UPSC IES) Examination:

UPSC ENGINEERING Services Exam Notifications: Engineering Services Examination' 2012 (UPSC IES) admission curriculum activities will happen according described schedule.

Date of UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2012 Notifications: 25th Feb' 2012
Last Date For UPSC Engineering Services application form submission: 26th March' 2012 (Monday).
Date of UPSC Engineering Services Entrance Commencement: UPSC Enggg Services admission test will be conducted on 15th June'2012 (Friday) & duration will be of 3 days.

UPSC Indian Engineering Services( UPSC IES'2012) Dates Schedule:

Date of UPSC IES 2012 Exam Notifications: 18th Aug' 2012
Last Date For UPSC IES admission application form submission: 17th Sep' 2012 (Monday).
Date of UPSC IES Entrance Commencement: UPSC Enggg Services (IES) entrance will be conducted on 1st Dec'2012 (Saturday) & duration will be of 3 days.
The Indian Engineering Services Examination, a reputed exam conducted by the Union Public Service Comission (UPSC), India every year for the recruitment to engineering services in government sector. Recruitement will be for four below mentioned categories of engineering which are:1.) Civil Engineering ; 2.) Mechanical Engineering ;3.) Electrical Engineering; 4.) Electronics & telecommunication Engineering IES Exam Pattern:

The UPSC IES entrance exam consist of two papers. Paper 1 comprise of objective question and Paper 2 contains conventional paper. Both sections contains all relevant syllabus which is taught in entire discipline of engineering viz: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

Paper 2:
Personality test consist of 200 marks , its for those candidates who qualify the written exam. Detailed IES entrance pattern is given here in.

UPSC IES Eligibility Qualification:

Age Criteria: Minimum age of the candidates must be 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. However, certain categories of persons including departmental candidates as specified in the Commission's Notice as published in the national news papers such as Employment News etc. are eligible for age relaxation.

Educational Eligibility Criteria: 1.) A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent. MSc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

2.) Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examination will be required to submit the proof of passing

the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.

3.) Entrance Fee:
i.) Rs. 50 (Rupees fifty only) for online applicants.
ii.) Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for Candidates of Specified remote areas.
iii.)(No fee for Females/SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only).

Best Luck and Regards
17th February 2012, 06:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES stand for Indian Engineering Service which is conducted by UPSC.Only B-TECH degree holder and some M.Sc department are applicable for this exam.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

EXAM DATE FOR IES EXAM:-

IES Exam date already announced.The exam date is given below-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012
LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012
DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

PATTERN FOR IES EXAM:-

BEST BOOKS FOR IES EXAM:-

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

17th February 2012, 09:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE this examination conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment in top Technical post under various Department under Govt. of India.

Generally recruitment is for the following category of Engineering area through IES:-

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Engineering Degree preferably from the above mentioned branches from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age, is eligible to apply for IES.

The application can be made through on line, the notification for IES exam 2012 is expected in this month. So be updated with the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in to know the latest information regarding examination.
18th February 2012, 02:04 AM
tanu47

IES ( Indian Engineering Service) .UPSC conducts it`s exam every year for recruitment in various Department under Govt. of India.
The eligible candidate must be an Indian, having completed B.Tech. Engineering Degree preferably from the below mentioned streams from a recog. Univ.within the age (21 to 30) years is eligible.
IES (category of Engineering):
Mechanical Engineering
Elect. and Telecomm. Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Apply online thru the UPSC official website.
Good luck.
11th March 2012, 02:16 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

To apply for this examination, you ave to complete your Graduate Engineering Degree course from a recognised University.
But you have to attained the age of 21 years and not attaied the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
~~ The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expectedto be approximately 745 including 50 PH vacancies.
So, If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please wait for this year Notification.
The Notification will be published soon in the month of February i.e on 25/Feb/2012
The last date of apply for this examination Online : 26/March/2012
12th March 2012, 01:26 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services.
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.X once in a year.

The candidate who pass the engineering in following stream they are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit for I.E.S exam is 21-30 year.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR I.E.S./I.S.S. EXAM., 2012
DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012
LAST OF RECITE OF FORM:- 17.09.2012(MONDAY)
DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012 (SATURDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
12th March 2012, 04:56 PM
masuka123

Hai buddy...

you can apply for IES offline or online. For offline application get the form from post office and send it to UPSC.

For online application go to the site https://www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

--there are two parts of registration and the links are given there fill in registration form part 1 first by filling in the required details like your name address etc. after this you will get a registration number,note the number.

--After this go to the second part fill in the registration number received in part 1 and your date of birth.Follow the instructions.And your form is filled. Keep one form with you.. read the instrutions properly.
All the best.....
5th June 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my engineering in computer science, am I eligible for IES examination?
10th July 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursing b.tech final year from EEE can i apply for ies
26th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: What is IES? Actually what are posts comes under this exam? Plz give overview of this exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?