30th January 2015, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

What are the roles of various UPSC posts such as IAS, IPS, IES etc.

I want to appear for upsc exam and want to contribute to our nations progress. I am a BCom graduate and i like bringing good changes that will help my nation to progress. so please guide me which field i should choose from various upsc fields like IAS, IPS, IES and so on.I will be thankfull i anyone could guide me in this.Thank You

28th April 2015, 11:44 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: What are the roles of various UPSC posts such as IAS, IPS, IES etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to appear for upsc exam and want to contribute to our nations progress. I am a BCom graduate and i like bringing good changes that will help my nation to progress. so please guide me which field i should choose from various upsc fields like IAS, IPS, IES and so on.I will be thankfull i anyone could guide me in this.Thank You
Great to hear from young people like you that you are interested to contribute in progress of nation and give back your services to the society. I appreciate it.

Coming to your question, definitely IAS should be your top choice. After that IPS later IES (I don’t know whether you are pointing Economic Services or Engineering Services, ofcourse both are top rated). Why IAS instead of IPS at first choice is because. The scope to serve society/people is better for IAS officers than for IPS officers.

For me personally, all Civil Services are equal in nature. We prioritize it for our convenience and what we see. If we feel the duties of civil servants. All of the jobs/services gives you immense satisfaction at the end of each day of your service. Be it top service in All India Services like IAS or Group A service like Customs Officer.

If you look at growth in career of civil servants all central government employees will be given fair chance to excel in service. Leaving some percentage here and there to politics, ego or any other negative things, thanks to our developing national politicians. Hopefully very soon we may not even hear about any complaints in recruitment/promotions due to political influence on board.
22nd July 2020, 06:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the roles of various UPSC posts such as IAS, IPS, IES etc.

I got 52.81 percentage in Bcom am I eligible for ias ips it's,,,etc iam a OBC candidate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?