20th September 2012, 11:44 AM
sreejitha t s

What is meant by collection of statistics?

what you meant by collection of statistics?...could u please tell me

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scope in career with B.Sc Statistics? What to do after B.Sc. Statistics?
  2. Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?
  3. Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?
  4. Difference between CSIR NET and UGC NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to do PG in Agricultural Statistics or statistics after completing BSc Mathematics Honors
  6. Any reputed university from where i can get admission in p.hd with 53% in m.a.?
  7. What all benefits are there in MSc Statistics course? How many colleges have MSc Statistics department?
  8. Which one should I opt for between M.Phil, M.Tech or preparation for NET Exam after completion of M.Sc in Statistics? Does Ph.D in Statistics a good choice for me?
  9. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  10. How to get a job in teacher posting?
  11. Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?
  12. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics? -- [New]
  13. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  14. Required criteria to get admission for M.Com course in DU? Which Books to prepare for the respective Entrance Exam?
  15. List of medical colleges in Maharashtra along with their cutoffs? Where can I get admission?
  16. What are the opportunities after completing BSc with statistics or statistics?
  17. How true is that Learning is better than Experience?
  18. Career opportunities in statistics field? I have completed MSc statistics from VNSGU
14th June 2015, 08:45 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is meant by collection of statistics?

Statistics is the study of collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organization of data.

In collection of data, it involves:

1. Sampling

When full census data cannot be collected, statisticians collect sample data by developing specific scientific designs and survey samples.

2. Experimental and observational studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?