30th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?

Dis year i will complete bsc in statistics nd cs nd maths.... Better go job or msc in statistics

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MSc statistics after pursuing BSc degree in Maths and Statistics
  2. What all benefits are there in MSc Statistics course? How many colleges have MSc Statistics department?
  3. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  4. What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Any entrance exam for BSc maths and BSc Statistics? Eligibility criteria for BSc Maths and BSc Statistics?
  7. Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?
  8. Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?
  9. Which are the best courses for MSc? I am studying BSc statistics 2nd year
  10. Which course is best choice for me for Masters Degree in Correspondence after completion of Graduation in B.Sc with Statistics?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
  12. How to do MSc in Statistics from IARI after doing BSc? Books to be referred?
  13. What are the opportunities after completing BSc with statistics or statistics?
  14. How to do PG in Agricultural Statistics or statistics after completing BSc Mathematics Honors
  15. Which are the top 15 MSc Agricultural statistics colleges in India?
  16. Career opportunities in statistics field? I have completed MSc statistics from VNSGU
  17. Which one should I opt for between M.Phil, M.Tech or preparation for NET Exam after completion of M.Sc in Statistics? Does Ph.D in Statistics a good choice for me?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of B.Com and MBA with Finance?
31st October 2011, 09:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?

You can select the best option which may suit you according to your interest. You can apply for jobs in the government sector such as banks and the other government departments. You can also choose the post graduation in statistics. This will help you to get in to better job opportunities such as lecture positions through attending the NET exam. Or else you can join for any job after graduation and can pursue the PG in statistics through correspondence. Actuarial science field is also a good option for you.
19th December 2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?

Hi i m ARUN from MITHIBAI COLLEGE IN MUMBAI UNIVERSITY can i know that what type of job can i get after B sc in stat.
21st February 2014, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.stat from patna university.i want to do job after b.stat in private or goverment sector.what is the option after it for get quick job in any sector.RAJKAPOOR
22nd February 2014, 11:35 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Its not that you can go for job and not for higher studies or vice versa. You can choose the career option as per your interest.

If job is utmost important to you and not interested in going for higher studies, then try to look for the job opportunities.

But the job opportunities are limited after completion of your Graduation in B.Sc Statistics.

You can also try for several public sector jobs like
Bank Jobs
Defence Services
Civil Services etc.

For all these positions, you should have to crack written exam followed by Interview.

In private sector also you can find job opportunities. In addition, you can also make entry into Teaching field.

The salary you will be paid will be in the range of 10k-15k.

If at all you want to go for Post Graduation, M.Sc in Statistics will not be a good choice for the candidates.

To be having better career scope and job opportunities, the following courses would be good choice for the candidates
MCA
MBA etc.

Try to be strong enough in subject knowledge which will be important either in getting job or in cracking Entrance Exam.

Wish you all the best.
3rd May 2018, 04:26 PM
iamssuhana

Go for Msc as it adds employment opportunities. The minimum eligibility for admission to which is completion of B.A. (Honors)/ B.Sc.(Honors) in Statistics or Mathematics /Bsc MAths with computer and statistics as one of the subject, or graduation with min. 60% in a related discipline (Mathematics and Statistics as main subjects at the level of graduation ) from a recognized university.

Some institutes conduct their own entrance exams for selecting and admitting candidates, while some select students on the basis of the merit obtained at the level of graduation.

The best colleges to study Msc Statistics are:
ISI- Indian statistical institute
IIT K
Delhi university
Lovely Professional University
St Xavier's college mumbai
Lady shri ram college for women
Indian school of mines
Loyola college chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?