10th February 2018, 08:20 AM
Basavaraja.r1234

What is the minimum age limit for MBBS in Karnataka Common Entrance Test?

Now I'm 16 years 10 months 15 days old as on December 2017. Whether I'm eligible to take entrance test of Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) for MBBS or not?

19th February 2018, 08:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit for MBBS in Karnataka Common Entrance Test?

There is no KCET examination conducted for admission in MBBS course. For admission in MBBS course, candidates have to appear and qualify for NEET examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% aggregate. The required age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for 2018 NEET examination. The application is available now.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
20th February 2018, 08:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit for MBBS in Karnataka Common Entrance Test?

First thing I would like to let you know that for admission in MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course you are not required for appearing in KCET as admission in MBBS degree course in medical colleges of Karnataka except AIIMS is based on the performance in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) only.

Further, the minimum age required for appearing in NEET is 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

So being over 16 years and 10 months old by December 2017 you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET 2018 as your age will be over 17 years by 31st December 2018.

For more details and updates regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
20th February 2018, 11:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course is not done on basis of KCET.

Admission in MBBS courses of all colleges of Karnataka is done on basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test scorecard.

You can apply for NEET 2018 exam because your age will be over 17 years on 31st December of year of exam.
21st February 2018, 09:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thng I would like to let you know that all state CETs/PMTs and AIPMTs has been replaced by a single national level medical entrance examination known as NEET ( National Entrance cum Eligibility Test ) since 2016 and admission in any medical college ( except AIIMS and JIPMER ) for pursuing MBBS is based on the NEET score only.

Now, as far as you are concened about the minimum age for appearing in KCET 2018( i.e; now NEET 2018 ) then it is 17 years by the 31st December of 2018 which you certainly satisfy as per your date of birth mentioned above.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility you can visit the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?