10th February 2018, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Can a third year Aeronautical Engineering student write AFCAT exam? Is there any problem in appearing for the exam at this stage?

I want to know whether third year Aeronautical Engineering student can write AFCAT exam or not? Is their any problem in writing it in third year? If I'm select in it can they give us time to complete our course?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for AFCAT and Army exam? I am studying final year Aeronautical Engineering
  2. How can I become a pilot after completing 12th? How much percentage is needed?
  3. Can an average student crack CDS and AFCAT?
  4. Am I eligible for Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam?
  5. Which are the best Colleges in India for Aeronautical Engineering? What is the fee structure and which exam do I need to write?
  6. Am I eligible for AFCAT and EKT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Engineering?
  7. How to join Aeronautical Engineering after SSC and which college to go for?
  8. Can I write AFCAT exam after AMIE or having BE/B.Tech is mandatory?
  9. Can GATE exam be taken in third year of engineering?
  10. Which exam should I write to pursue Aeronautical Engineering correspondence course after doing Polytechnic?
  11. Aeronautical engineering without giving any entrance exam is possible? Percentage required in HSC and compulsory entrance exams? List of government Aeronautical engineering colleges?
  12. Can I write Group I exam in 3rd year of engineering? From where to get the exam material?
  13. What to write in the year of appearing class 12 examination?
  14. Previous year papers of AFCAT Exam?
  15. Am I eligible to write IES, JTO, AFCAT, TTA< DGM exam after doing telecommunication engineering
  16. Percentage required in 12th Boards to get into Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for lateral entry after diploma in B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering? Which entrance exam I need to write? -- [New]
  18. Can I skip one subject in final year of engineering at OU? Will it create any problem for GATE?
19th February 2018, 07:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a third year Aeronautical Engineering student write AFCAT exam? Is there any problem in appearing for the exam at this stage?

No, you are not eligible to appear for AFCAT examination. AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test and candidates only after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment in service.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or in the final year of degree.

So, you will become eligible to appear for examination next year ( fourth year ). The age limit is between 19-26 ( varies with post ).

The examination is conducted in written and SSB stage. For detail information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
20th February 2018, 07:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a third year Aeronautical Engineering student write AFCAT exam? Is there any problem in appearing for the exam at this stage?

AFCAT refers to Air Force Common Admission Test and for appearing in the same examination one is required to have either completed his/her bachelor degree course or should be pursuing the final year of same degree course from a recognized university.

So being a third year student of Aeronautical Engineering degree course which is a degree course of four years you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force through AFCAT even if you appear and qualify AFCAT.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
21st February 2018, 08:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for Air force Common Admission Test and same examination is held for recruitment of officials in Indian Air force.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in AFCAT being a third year student of aeronautical engineering ( which is a four year degree course ) then for your information I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in AFCAT as the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in AFCAT is a graduation degree from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree courses are also eligible.

For more details regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?