1st August 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum cutoff marks to get lectureship? I am a general category student

Being a general category student wht is my minimum cut off marks to get lecturshp??

3rd October 2012, 06:28 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum cutoff marks to get lectureship? I am a general category student

For lectureship what you need to do is appear for the National Eligibility Test. This exam takes place two times a year and candidates who have a post graduation degree can appear in it.

The exam is conducted by University Grants Commission. The next exam will take place in December 2012. If you have not started preparing for it then I would not recommend you appearing for the December exam. Instead you should prepare for the next exam that will take place in June 2013.

Eligibility

1. Post graduation degree in any stream from UGC recognized university in India.

2. At least 55 percent marks in PG for General candidate.

3. For SC/ST candidate 50 percent marks in PG.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. Your NET subject would be the same in which you completed post graduation.

6. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

7. There is 3 years relaxation in age for OBC.

8. SC/ST can get 5 years relaxation.

9. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

10. No restriction of number of attempts.
14th March 2013, 12:28 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the minimum cutoff marks to get lectureship? I am a general category student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being a general category student wht is my minimum cut off marks to get lecturshp??
Eligibility for Lecturership

-->>You should have a Post Graduation degree /P.hD degree from UGC Recognized university with 55% & if you belong from the SC/ST category then 50% only.
-->>If you are in Final year then also you can appear in this exam.

NOTE :- If you have not completed your Post Graduation and get passed,then you will have to submit the result within 2 years after the Date of result published.

Age Limit :-
-->>There is no age limit for applying to UGC-NET Lecturership.

Syllabus :-

PAPER I
  • It will contain questions from Comprehension,Divergent Thinking and General Awareness.
  • It will contain 60 questions.
  • You have to solve only 50 questions.
PAPER II & PAPER III
  • Paper I will be of 100 marks and total duration will be 1 hour and 15 minutes.
  • Paper II will be of 200 Marks and Total duration will be of 2 hour and 30 minutes.
Minimum Marks to qualify

• General Category - PAPER I - 40,PAPER II - 40,Total -50%
  • SC/ST - PAPER I -35,PAPER II - 35 , Total - 45%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?