8th March 2017, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification required to apply for IAS?

Sir/Mam, What is the eligibility (minimum qualification) for apply IAS, how and where I can apply? Can you please give me the details on the same? I need to know the details soon on the same? It will be great help if you can provide me the information soon. Thanks!

8th March 2017, 07:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required to apply for IAS?

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS examination is completion of Bachelor's degree course from a recognized university. To be eligible to become an IAS officer, you have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. You can apply for IAS examination through online at UPSC official website once, the IAS examination notification is released by UPSC.
8th March 2017, 08:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

Candidates in final year of bachelor degree can appear for examination. The application form for 2017 examination is available now.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th March 2017, 09:31 PM
Manishsony91

Educational qualification are below
Candidate must have pass a graduate degree from recognized board/university.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2017 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1985 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
8th March 2017, 10:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer you have to qualify in all stages of Civil Service examination ( mother of all examination ).

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit is between 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate in bachelor degree to appear for examination.

To get any information about examination or to apply visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th March 2017, 12:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, What is the eligibility (minimum qualification) for apply IAS, how and where I can apply? Can you please give me the details on the same? I need to know the details soon on the same? It will be great help if you can provide me the information soon. Thanks!
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit

Best books for IAS exam:-
Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh

You can apply IAS exam through below given link

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
9th March 2017, 11:34 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you will need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* Also the minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are given below :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie between 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more detailed information regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th March 2017, 03:32 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Eligibility condition
>> Candidate must have qualified graduate degree from recognized university.
>> Upper age limit for general category is 32 years and number of attempt is now 6.
>> OBC candidate will get 3 years relaxation in age and number of attempt is 9 .

Preparation:
>> For preparation i will recommend you to join institute like Balaji , Mahindra .
>> You need to do self preparation with lots of practice of practice sets available in market.

** To apply online for any civil service visit www.upsconline.nic.in and see the notification of current opening forms .
** Apply online by filling required field and pay the fees online .
9th March 2017, 08:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The minimum qualification to appear for the entrance examination of IAS is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also allowed to apply for this examination. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

At present, online application for 2017 Civil Services examination is going on. You can apply for Civil Services examination of 2017 at official website of UPSC which is http://www.upsconline.nic.in. The last date to apply for this examination is 17th March, 2017.
9th March 2017, 10:21 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of eligible candidates for civil services. For this examination candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university. The age of candidate must be in between 21 to 32 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate. For application process you can visit at the official website.

IMPORTANT DATES

=> Availability of Application Form = February 22, 2017 to March 17, 2017

=> Release of Admit Card for Prelims Exam = May 2017

=> Prelims exam of IAS Offline Exam = June 18, 2017

=> Result of IAS Prelims Exam = August/September 2017
10th March 2017, 11:54 AM
Manishsony91

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India for apply in IAS exam. For this exam go to upsc official website . There you find a notification is released for Ias exam 2017. Best of luck dear .
10th March 2017, 03:19 PM
positive boy

As you want qualification required for IAS exam so here I am giving you the same:-

=>Candidate must have Graduation in any stream from a recognized university in India

=>Applicants appearing for their final year degree exam are also eligible to apply.

=> Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government of India as equivalent to professional and technical degree are eligible to apply.
10th March 2017, 04:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to appear for Indian Administrative ( Civil Service ) Service examination is that the candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of bachelor degree.

So, if you have passed bachelor degree you can appear for examination. The application form for examination is available now.

The examination is conducted in three stages ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview ). The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

There is also limitations on number of attempts to appear for examination.You can visit at official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in for any more information.
10th March 2017, 04:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer ( a highest civilian post ) you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> As far as you are concerned about the minimum eligibility criteria required for becoming an IAS officer i.e; for appearing in Civil Services examination then these are here under:-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2017, 11:22 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian administrative service which conducted by UPSC every year.

Those candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible for this.

Candidate should be Indian also.

Age must be between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?