28th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

What is NET SET? Eligibility of the exam and what are the things included in it?

what is net set? what is included in it?who is eligible for net set? please mention all the details about it.

30th August 2011, 10:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is NET SET? Eligibility of the exam and what are the things included in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is net set? what is included in it?who is eligible for net set? please mention all the details about it.
What is NET SET?

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by the UGC Twice in a year.

SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test and this examination was Conducted by
University Of Pune As a state Agency.

So, if you are Interested in Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post then You need to cracked the NET/SET Examination.

The NET Examination was held in June and December every year.

who is eligible for net set?

>> To apply for NET/SET Examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course and you must have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation.

>> Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET/SET Examination, So Post graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for NET/SET Examination.

>> And If any candidates failed to scored minimum 55% marks in his post graduation then they are not eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.

You are advised to appear in NET Examination in the subject of their post-graduation only, Means you have to choose the subject in NET/SET as per the post graduation subjects.

>> There is No age restriction to apply for Lectureship post But for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Your age should not be more than 28 years.

The examination fees of NET was Rs 450.
And the examination fees of SET was Rs 550.

The Notification of NET Examination was Not yet announced, So please wait because for December NET Examination Notification was going to be declared soon in the month of September.

>> But the Notification of SET Examination was Already Updates in the official website, the last date of apply for SET Examination was 14/Sep/2011.

And the Written examination of SET Was going to be held on 27/Nov/2011.

And candidates may fill the application form of NET/SET Online by visit the official website, The syllabus of NET/SET Was already availiable in the official website.

So please check the official website to get the complete Information about
NET/SET Examination -

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in

http://ugcnetonline.in
30th August 2011, 11:19 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is NET SET? Eligibility of the exam and what are the things included in it?

Conditions of UGC NET Test Eligibility 2011 :

i) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this UGC National Eligibility Test .
30th August 2011, 11:33 PM
rana2011
Banned

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by the UGC Twice in a year.

So, if you are Interested in Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post then You need to cracked the NET/SET Examination.

>> To apply for NET/SET Examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course and you must have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation.

>> Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET/SET Examination, So Post graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for NET/SET Examination.

>> And If any candidates failed to scored minimum 55% marks in his post graduation then they are not eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.

You are advised to appear in NET Examination in the subject of their post-graduation only, Means you have to choose the subject in NET/SET as per the post graduation subjects.

>> There is No age restriction to apply for Lectureship post But for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Your age should not be more than 28 years.

The Notification of NET Examination was Not yet announced, So please wait because for December NET Examination Notification was going to be declared soon in the month of September.

>> But the Notification of SET Examination was Already Updates in the official website, the last date of apply for SET Examination was 14/Sep/2011.

And candidates may fill the application form of NET/SET Online by visit the official website, The syllabus of NET/SET Was already availiable in the official website.

NET/SET Examination -

"http://setexam.unipune.ac.in"
"http://ugcnetonline.in"

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 02:54 AM
NEIL6

NET stands for National ELIGIBILITY TEST and this exam is conducted by UPSC. SET

stands for State Eligibility Test. The NET/SET examination held twice every year in the

month of june and december.

NET/SET examination is for those who have completed their post graduation or in the

final year of post graduation. The minimum marks is 55% in your postgraduation. Beyond

this marks one can apply for this exam.

Best wishes!
31st August 2011, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Cabndidate from SC/ST/OBC are required only 50% marks.

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

NET exam conducted twice time in a year . The two sessions are JULY and December.

Age Eligibility:

For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years.
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

all the best
16th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

AFTER NET PASSED WHEN I WOULD GET A JOB
3rd October 2011, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I have a master-degree in Education from Netaji open university,am i fit for net or set exam?is there any big possibility?
28th October 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I finished m.e(cse).. i need syllabus to atten net exam
5th November 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

i am in my last year of L.L.B. Am i eligible for NET/SET?
12th December 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing ma in english sem 1, 2011 when can i appear for net/set exam.
13th December 2011, 12:42 AM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

dear friend,

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Cabndidate from SC/ST/OBC are required only 50% marks.

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

NET exam conducted twice time in a year . The two sessions are JULY and December.

Age Eligibility:

For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years.
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

all the best
13th December 2011, 01:24 AM
thedonisback.2011
Banned

Hi dear,

What is NET SET?

who is eligible for net set?

NET/SET Examination -

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in

http://ugcnetonline.in
tHANKS
1st February 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

can a ca eligible for SET exam
9th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Can MCM (Master in Computer management) Candidates apply for SET or NET Exam?
31st August 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

i am completed bca only where i atten that exam or not
19th March 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Mcom in year 2011 , would be interested in NET exam, when is it scheduled for this year , would like to apply for the same , what is the process to apply for the same , kindly help
19th September 2013, 06:37 PM
saiteacher

Quote:
i am in my last year of L.L.B. Am i eligible for NET/SET?
I want syllabus for net/set exam form commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?