26th August 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Required Eligibility criteria to appear for NET SET Exam?

what is a eligibility of net set exam

29th August 2012, 08:12 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria to appear for NET SET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In order to be considered eligible to take National Eligibility Test (NET) as well as State Lectureship Eligibility Test (SLET), conducted and regulated by University Grant Commission, one must possess Masters Degree in any discipline and must have qualified the examination with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. The required percentage of marks is relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to reserved category. So, candidates belonging to SC/ST category may take the test even after scoring 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

The basic difference between the National Eligibility Test (NET) and State Lectureship Eligibility Test (SLET) is that qualifying National Eligibility Test will enable you to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere in India whereas, qualifying State Lectureship Eligibility Test enables a candidate to apply for the same position but only in the Universities and Colleges located within the jurisdiction of that particular state from where the test is been taken.

For further information, refer to the official website of University Grant Commission or may also log on to www.ugcnetonline.in
2nd September 2012, 03:21 PM
smsureshma
Member+

hi friend

UGC states Three conditions for NET exam eligibility:
1. You must have 55% marks in PG level
2. Your university/College must be a recognized one
3. Your age limit should be not more than 28 years
NET exams are conducted Twice each year, in June and in
December
Qualification Criteria for NET exam
The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in
the desired subject.
They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum
of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition.
The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even
attend NET exam.
Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit.
There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST
candidates.
Application Procedure for NET exam
The candidates have to apply online before the specific
date announced by UGC. print outs of filled in online
application form, exam attendance slip and admission
card at the respective centers (with fee receipt and
category certificate(s) are the documents required for
applying to this exam.
Official Information of UGC
Address: University Grant Commission (U G C),
Bahadur
Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi,
Pin:110 002
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website URL: http://www.ugc.ac.in/

GOOD LUCK
15th September 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am passed MCA to give percentage is 56%. Am I qualified to given the NET or SET Exam? What can I Do for appear the Exam?
18th October 2012, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

i have completd my master degree in public administration with 65% .i want to appear in net exam what will be the syllabus on this stream.
19th October 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.E. in IT and Systems and also M.B.A from ICFAI university (external) in IT and Systems with 60% marks, am I ELIGIBLE for NET/SET? also is NET exam COMPULSARY if I am looking for opportunities in my own state which I am giving the SET exam from?
Kindly guide me.
Thank you
20th October 2012, 07:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test (NET) and State Eligibility Test (SET) are the exams for post graduate students who wish to either apply for College Lectureship or PhD. While NET is conducted by the University Grants Commission, SET is conducted by state education board.

The eligibility criteria for both exam is the same. Although some states may make some minor changes. NET is a central level exam, SET is state level. Each state has the option to either conduct its own SET exam or accept the candidates on the basis of their performance in the National Eligibility Test.

In India colleges are funded by central government and the state government. Those who clear NET exam can get lectureship job in central government colleges while those who appear for SET exam can get job in state government colleges. The SET exam is limited to each state. For example if you cleared Gujarat SET, then you will only get lecturer job in colleges funded by the Gujarat government.

Eligibility

1. Must have post graduation degree in any stream.

2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. SC/ST will require 50 percent marks

4. Those who are in final year of master degree course may also apply.

5. Final year candidates should be able to submit their degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC/ST are also eligible for relaxation of 5 years.

4. There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.
20th October 2012, 10:31 PM
vetdoc.01

Post Re: Required Eligibility criteria to appear for NET SET Exam?

Quote:
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR NET:

i) You must have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. then only are youeligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

ii) If You have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR you are one of the candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed then also you may apply for this Test. but in Such cases you must complete your P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, else you will be treated as disqualified.

iii) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

iv) you have to appear in the subject of your post-graduation only.

v) If you are a Candidate with post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), you should ascertain the equivalence of the course(s) with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. it can be checked at http://www.aiuweb.org

Age limit & relaxation:

i) Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PH/VH categories and to women applicants. Relaxation is also provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years. Three years’ relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.

ii) Lectureship: There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.

Exemption (eligibility for lectureship) :

i) NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.

ii) The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.

iii) For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.

hope this information helps you.
23rd October 2012, 03:26 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test

>> A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities.........

>> No Age Limit for Applying NET.

>> A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

You can download last years Paper from:

http://ugcnetonline.in/previous_question_papers.php

~~~~~~~#~#~#~#~# Books for NET SET Exam #~#~#~#~#~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RPH Syllabus for CSIR-UGC(NET) Exam
by
RPH Editorial Board

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSIR UGC NET JRF Exam 2012 - Books

UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship & Lectureship Exam

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
25th September 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my MSc in chemistry with 55.83% can I eligible for NET in chemical science.
19th December 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Will low graduation marks hinder one's chances of appearing in NET if one pursues his masters from an open university and gets 55% in masters? Please help.
21st February 2014, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

hello......
I am currently in m.com sem-2
and in m.com sem-1 I got 54.50%
can you tell me exactly
that I will be eligible for net or set..
and how are the marks calculated for elgibility...
26th June 2014, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

A student of qualified net can give exam of school first grade teacher ,please tell me
6th April 2015, 10:11 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for the NET SET are as below:--->>>

1. You must have 55% marks in PG level
2. Your university/College must be a recognized one
3. Your age limit should be not more than 28 years

The exam of NET SET is conducted in three phases and the syllabus of all the three phase has been given as below:--->>

The syllabus for the Paper Ist is --->>>

reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness

Pattern: 60 MCQs will be asked out of which candidate needs to answer only 50.

The syllabus for the Paper 2nd --->>>

Questions in the section will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.

pattern: 50 MCQs will be asked. Candidate needs to answer all of them. Each question carries 2 marks.

The syllabus for the Paper 3rd --->>>

Questions in this section will also be based on the subjects selected by the candidate.

pattern: 75 questions will be asked each carrying 2 marks.
30th April 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the other way round to appear NET SET EXAM or to do Phd without 55% , my percent is just less by 2 marks in 55%...is there any way to appear, of not what can be done in other way
30th April 2015, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the other way round to appear NET SET EXAM or to do Phd without 55% , my percent is just less by 2 marks in 55%...is there any way to appear, of not what can be done in other way
27th October 2015, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

hi.

my name is Shruti.
will I be able to apply for set exam if I did msw (master of social work) after my b.com?

please tell
3rd February 2016, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

i have completed ME after doing BE in electronics and communication engineering? Can I eligible for SET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?