8th August 2015, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?

1.I (chandan murmu)Student of m.com from IDOL(GU).I am final year student,Can I applied for NET or SET exam?plz reply me... I wanted to know the eligibility criteria which is followed for NET or SET exam? Can someone please provide me the information soon?

Thanks!

9th August 2015, 01:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1.I (chandan murmu)Student of m.com from IDOL(GU).I am final year student,Can I applied for NET or SET exam?plz reply me... I wanted to know the eligibility criteria which is followed for NET or SET exam? Can someone please provide me the information soon?

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET/SET exam.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
9th August 2015, 07:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?

NET is the National Eligibility Test and SET is the State Eligibility Test. NET is conducted by the University Grants Commission in June and December.

For NET, you must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Minimum percentage of marks required to appear for this exam is 55% in master's degree in commerce as you are from commerce stream. For SC/ST candidates it is only 50%.

So, you can apply for the NET or SET exam being a final year candidate of master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship post. For Junior Research Fellowship, it is 28 years.
25th March 2017, 07:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Sc information Technology course?
19th December 2017, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I Completed M.Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics), Am i eligible to write TS SET. And in that which subject i choose? Those who are not related to pharmacy subjects in the list of SET. please tell me
16th July 2019, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

If I do my MCom from Mumbai University idol I'm I eligible for net set exam??
4th July 2023, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Mcom from IDOL (GU) with 63% .Am I eligible for NET /SET??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?