16th August 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

What are the opportunities available for mechanical engineering in government sector?

i am a mechanical engg. and how can i get this job.How can i PrePare for coming examination.you will suggest for this examination.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  2. What are the job opportunities available for Mechanical Engineering in Government Sector?
  3. Job opportunities in Government Sector for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  4. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  5. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  6. What are the opportunities available in auto-mobile sector while pursuing Mechanical engineering course?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester female candidate?
  8. Current opportunities in government sector for B.Tech in Engineering and Communication?
  9. Job opportunities in Government sector for a Diploma Mechanical Engineer with 4 years of experience? -- [New]
  10. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  11. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
  12. Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?
  13. What are the opportunities available for mechanical engineering in government sector?
  14. Opportunities in government sector after completing B.E in computer science?
  15. Can I get a job after completing BCA?
  16. How to get a government job in any sector after completing M.Tech in mechanical engineering with 61%? Am I eligible for government exam?
  17. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Job opportunities in Government sector for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
22nd August 2011, 08:13 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the opportunities available for mechanical engineering in government sector?

Mechanical engineering finds applications in every one field or the other. They are basically technology driven; hence these graduates can work in public as well as private sector companies. With the progress in the economy the scope in this field has also increased tremendously.

There are ample opportunities for Mechanical stream graduates for starting their career in the so called government sectors.

Majority of the jobs ask for about 60 % marks as their eligibility criteria for applying.

If you have the required marks you are definitely eligible for the recruitment process in all government sector undertaking.

Some of the government sector units which look for mechanical graduates are – Railway, NTPC, Indian Army, Civil Services, and BHEL etc. For appearing for Civil Service examination, there is no fixed percentage of marks criteria as it require candidates who are graduates from any stream. Candidates opting for a Post graduate degree after B Tech can go in for administrative, clerical or managerial positions in different sectors of government undertakings.

A higher degree will always help them to get in to the field of Research & development and they can also look for a career in teaching profession in government colleges
10th September 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the opportunities available for mechanical engineering in government sector?

minimum package offered by any company to a person scored 60% degree of mechanical engineer?
15th September 2011, 04:51 PM
saugata2008

mechanical is the root of so many trades like -
production
Automobile
Power
So there are various opportunities for the Mechanical engineers in Govt.sectors like -

BHEL
SAIL
Railway
ONGC
GAIL
ECIL
IOCL
DVC

So don't worry about it and prepare yourself for the exams .

You can get all the important dates and application form from -
http://www.freshersworld.com

Thank you
8th July 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, right now im studying in third year of mechanical engineering stream.i m confused so as to which exam should i give in the future for P.G.(except GRE & GMAT)
can i do a job and prepare for an exam like GATE,IES simultaneously and also if my score in gate is not enough to get admission into the iit's and nit's then can i complete my pg from some other private orgnisation and what is the range of salary i would get.
3rd September 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying mechaniIcal engg 2nd year after complete my degree and then if am writing tnpsc group 1. exam what are the jobs available me
24th December 2012, 09:24 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

the opportunities available for mechanical engineering in government sector-----------------

1.ongc
2.dvc
3.bhel
4.railway
5.iocl
6.gail
7.drdo
8.ntpc
9.drdo
10.hpcl

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd May 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage a mechanical engineer should have to get a job
1st March 2014, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my mechanical engg... And i have no idea which field to like go i like production engg. Please give me dir. For oppurtunities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?