23rd April 2013, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

What are the opportunities in joining Indian Army? I am studying diploma in Mechanical Engineering

Sir,iam studying diplomo in mech engg.can i have any opportunities in joining indian army or navy after completing my diplomo?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Indian Army after studying B.E final year in mechanical engineering
  2. Age limit and academic qualifications for joining Indian Army?
  3. What is the joining procedure in Army? I am pursuing engineering in Mechanical
  4. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after diploma in Mechanical? How to join after B.E Mechanical? What is the maximum age limit for joining defense?
  5. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in mechanical Engineering having failed Diploma (2 arrier)? -- [New]
  6. How to join Indian Army after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  7. How to join Indian Army after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering 3rd year
  8. How can I apply for Indian Army after studying Mechanical Engineering?
  9. How can I join Air Force, Army or Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. What should I do to join Indian Army? Can I apply for NDA after my diploma?
  11. How may I Join Indian Army? How to apply for SSB interview? I've done diploma in Mechanical engineering
  12. Joining in indian army what is the procedure and how to join? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I join the Indian Army after Diploma?
  14. What are the internship opportunities for mechanical engineering students?
  15. Can i join Indian Army after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am 27 years old
  16. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Is there any job in Indian Army for diploma students?
  18. How to join Indian Army after studying 12th commerce without mathematics
16th July 2015, 12:56 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the opportunities in joining Indian Army? I am studying diploma in Mechanical Engineering

Yes you can join Indian Army or Indian Navy after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering but for the same you need to crack the NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and are commonly known as NDA I & NDA II.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as following:-

You must be an unmarried Indian male resident.

Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

You must hold higher secondary school degree or a degree equivalent to same from a recognized board of education.

The examination is held in two stage which are called as general ability test and Service selection board interview respectively.

Also if you fail to join defense through NDA then after your graduation you will have the option of CDS examination for the same but for that your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

For more details regarding any of these examination you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?