27th May 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required to take admission in engineering?

i want to ask that for taking admission in engineering how much marks i should get what is the eligible percent for taking admission in engineering

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage in intermediate is required to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering College in AP
  2. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  3. Engineering colleges in Maharashtra considering Diploma students for admission? Percentage required to get into these colleges?
  4. Colleges in Dehradun for Aeronautical engineering after 12th standard? Percentage required?
  5. Procedure to get admission in German Universities for MS in Aerospace Engineering? Procedure to get Visa and rues to pay amount? Minimum percentage requirement?
  6. Percentage required in 12th Boards to get into Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How much percentage is required in diploma Mechanical 3rd year for admission in government engineering college, Pune?
  8. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  9. What is the minimum percentage required for applying and admission
  10. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  11. Date of sale of admission form? What is the percentage required for admission?
  12. How much percentage is required in diploma to get admission in government engineering college?
  13. How can I get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT? Minimum percentage required and scholarship?
  14. What is the minimum percentage required in PUC and CET to get admission in a good engineering college in Bangalore?
  15. Percentage required in 12th to get admission for B.Com honors?
  16. Percentage required for B.Ed admission? Is it possible to get admission in B.Ed? Fee structure for admission?
  17. Minimum percentage required in Diploma to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Institute of Chemical Technology? -- [New]
  18. How much percentage required in 12th board exam for admission to Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course?
27th May 2012, 11:43 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required to take admission in engineering?

Hi dear..........
To take admission in Engineering you have to apply for Entrance, The list of entrance which you can apply are as follows.........

The eligibility criteria is......
*The candidates should be a +2 science passed or appeared the exam......

According to your entrance rank you will get the engineering college for admission .
The list of best top college are as follows,..........

Good luck................
4th June 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

i have got 49% in class 12th examination can i get admission in the engineering if i get goood marks in cet and aieee
5th June 2012, 11:06 PM
cycler

What percentage you need to get to take admission to engineering depends on the college you are applying to as this varies from college to college.Usually most of the colleges(95% of them) recommend that you have an aggregate percentage of 70% or above in PCM(together) and an individual minimum pecentage of 60% or above in each of physics, chemistry and maths.
I have given the required percentages of some popular colleges below for your reference:

For SRM University:
Minimum 70% aggregate in mathematics, physics & chemistry

For BITS:
Minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination
AND
At least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

For IIT:
Students belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in Qualifying examination. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in Qualifying examination.

For VIT:
An aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).

The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
1)Candidates belonging to SC/ST category
2)Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.

For Manipal:
Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as optional subjects and a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.

For IIST:
1)For GENERAL and OBC: Atleast 70% in aggregate in physics, chemistry and maths in qualifying exam.
2)For SC, ST and PD: Atleast 60% marks in the aggregate in their physics, chemistry and maths papers in their qualifying exam.

The above are the required percentages for the given respective colleges.
Hope this information has helped you.
All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?