15th September 2012, 02:35 PM
NIRMALA RANI

What is the procedure to prepare for IAS exam? I am a B.E ECE student

sir/madam,
i am an BE-ECEstudent & i am studying third year. what is the procedure for preparing for this exam? how can i choose the subject?

11th February 2014, 03:25 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to prepare for IAS exam? I am a B.E ECE student

UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree in Mathematics, statistics, Geology, natural science, civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, economics, Chemical Engineering. For appearing in the Civil Services, there is mainly three stage qualification process. They offer courses like i) UPSC Mains -Quality Enrichment Program (QEP), PSI/STI/Assistant exam courses. Another good coaching institute is Vision IAS Study which prepares the candidates for Civil Services Examination at all the 3 levels-Preliminary Test, Main Examination and Personality Test.
12th February 2014, 05:35 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the procedure to prepare for IAS exam? I am a B.E ECE student

It is good that you want to make your entry into Indian Administrative Service even though you are pursuing your BE in ECE stream.

Here is the complete information regarding that.

One should have to crack civil services exam to be placed in IAS or in any other civil service like
IPS
IRS
IFS etc.

The complete selection procedure would be
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

As per the required academic qualification,

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this Exam.

Required age should be
21-30 years for the candidates of General category
21-33 years for the candidates of OBC category
21-35 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

So, it would be the better time for you to start preparation for Civil Services Exam so that you can complete the syllabus on time.

I suggest you to opt for the optional subject as Electrical Engineering which is the best thing for you as per your academic qualification.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?