21st July 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

now im b.tech studen.with ece branch in vizag.im wishing to attend ias exam.how can i attend the xm?how to prepare for that?and which xms i have to write?

22nd July 2011, 09:09 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now im b.tech studen.with ece branch in vizag.im wishing to attend ias exam.how can i attend the xm?how to prepare for that?and which xms i have to write?
I appreciate your decision to become an IAS officer..!! I think this is a wish from your heart. because a wish from Heart can only last till it gets reached.

Yes you are eligible for This entrance examination after completing B.Tech or also while pursuing your b.tech also i.e., mostly in your final year.

because UPSC the government body which conducts CSE(Civil Service Examination) So called IAS entrance examination has some rules and regulation which they will follow very strictly.

The main rule which may be a problem for you is minimum age limit.
you are eligible for this examination only when you have 21 years of age.

By the end while entering into service you have to submit your provisional b.tech certificate without any backlogs. if applying in Final year.

To become a IAS officer one have to clear three stage toughest Entrance examination called Civil Service examination which is a common three stage pattern exam for all the services like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.,

Coming to how to write the exam one has to first apply for the Prelims exam after a notification in the months of november to january any time it can be out so be regularly updated with the daily news papers etc.,

After that you have to clear stage 1 CSAT after clearing that stage 2 mains at last you will have stage 3 as Interview round after completing all these you will get your final result with ranks according to those ranks you will get your cadres and Services.

Hope you understood if not once check this official weblink.

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd July 2011, 09:39 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

Quote:
hello,
I appreciate your decision to become an IAS officer..!! I think this is a wish from your heart. because a wish from Heart can only last till it gets reached.

Yes you are eligible for This entrance examination after completing B.Tech or also while pursuing your b.tech also i.e., mostly in your final year.

best of luck.......

&
Have a blast......
23rd July 2011, 07:20 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

Dear friend,

Your decision to appear in IAS entrance exam is an brilliant idea, being a student of B.Tech.

It is not so easy to clear this pristegious exam, for that you have to join coaching classes.

You can join any one of these coaching centres for sure shot.

1.Vajiram And Ravi IAS Study Centre (Institute for IAS Examination)
www.vajiramandravi.com
Bara Bazar Rd, Shankar Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi - 011 25734058

2.Raus Ias Study Circle Coaching Institute For Civil Services
www.rauias.com
309, Kanchanjunga Building, Connaught Place, New Delhi - 011 23312857

3.Ujjwal IAS Academy
www.ujjwalias.in
B-18 (T.F.) Satija House Mukherjee Nagar Delhi - 110009

4.Chanakya IAS Academy
www.chanakyaiasacademy.com
1597, Outram Line, Kingsway Camp, New Delhi - 011 27602096

5.Jain's IAS Study Circle
www.jainsias.com
28-A/1, Jia Sarai, New Delhi - 011 26522738

All the best .................
23rd July 2011, 05:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

Hello friend,
Union Public Service Commission conducts civil service examination for recruitment of individuals in Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Foreign Service.
Any individual within the age limit of 21-30 years, who holds a bachelors degree is eligible to write the exam, no matter which stream he/she belongs to.
Since you are pursuing B.Tech, which is a bachelors degree, you are eligible for the exam provided you are within the age limit mentioned above.
For IAS, you will have to qualify three stages of civil service exam and have to be among the highest rank holders.
The three stages of civil service exam are civil service aptitude test, main exam and interview.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
15th December 2011, 06:32 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I attend for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech with ECE branch? How to prepare for the Exam?

Hi

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services, and it is one of the most reputated exams in our country.

Now the eligibility of the IAS stands as follows :

1. A person should be a graduate in any stream from any recognized university across India.

2. Also the age of the candidate should be between 21-30 for GEN, 21-33 for OBC and 21-35 for SC/ST category people.

Now as you say, that you are a B.Tech in ECE branch, and so you are certainly eligible for the IAS examination.
Please ensure that your age lies within the age limit.

The IAS 2012 would be held around May and June.

For any more information, Please Click Here.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
15th December 2011, 11:49 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

YES,
OF COURSE YOU CAN APPEAR FOR IAS

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.
18th December 2011, 03:46 PM
mettuguy

yes you can are eligible to write IAS exam :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering
18th December 2011, 05:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, B-TECH (ECE) department are eligible for IAS exam.But after completion of B-TECH degree you are eligible for IAS exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
8th June 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

inter compartmental students can appear for civils after completion of their degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?