20th May 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Qualifications required to become an IPS?

sir can u plz tell me what are the qualification required to become an ips .....
and wht r the course or the steps for it

24th August 2011, 11:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications required to become an IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir can u plz tell me what are the qualification required to become an ips .....
Nice to see that your Interest in IPS Examination, So If your aim is to become IPS (Indian Police services) Officer then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. The examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and firstly you have to apply for the Preliminary examination and If you have cracked the Preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.

>> Preliminary examination was Also known as CSAT (Civil services aptitude test), And there are 2 Papers in this examination and Both are Objective type and both are of same marks and Duration.

>> For this year Preliminary examination was already completed and The result of Preliminary 2011 examination was already Availiable in the UPSC Official website.

So, If you are Interested in this examination, then you have to fulfill the give eligibility Criteria -

>> You must have to complete Your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

>> And your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates or other reserved category candidates.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

General candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times, So You have to cracked this examination in this given Limits. OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts in this examination and there is no limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, If you are fulfill these eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for this examination, So please apply for Next year UPSC Civil services examination, the dates are availiable in the official website and candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the official website.

And If you need more Information then please visit the Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
24th August 2011, 11:47 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

for ips exam the minimum qualification is graducation from a recoganised university.
your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
this is a service in police department.
this is a high post.
24th August 2011, 11:55 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for Indian Public Service exam:

Education qualification:
Minimum graduation degree with any discipline from any recognized university.
Age limit:
Age should between 21 to 30 years.
For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 105 views)
25th August 2011, 01:10 AM
NEIL6

For becoming IPS, You will have to complete your graduation first. After that, you will have to give two exams: ist is Preliminary examination which comprises of objective type question paper. If you complete this test then you can appear for UPSC civil service main exam. After completing that examination you can become an IPS officer.

Best wishes!
25th August 2011, 02:54 AM
saugata2008

First you have to pass the UPSC civil service exam , only then you can be a IPS officer .
The upsc exam has two stages of examinations -
1. primary levet
2. Main exam
So you have to pass primary level first then the main exam.
Criteria for UPSC civil service exam
1. Candidates age should be 20 to 30.
2.candidate should be graduate.
3.Graduate candidate of final tear are also eligible.
Thank you
28th August 2011, 11:48 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi friend i provide you the details of ips examination . please go through

Education Qualification for I.P.S Examination :

You should be qualified in under graduation course in any stream with good percentage of marks from recognized board .

Note : Percentage is not require for ips examination .

Age Limit for I.P.S Examination :

you age should be 21 to 30 years and the relaxation is given to ,

>>ST/SC candidates for 5 years

>>O.B.C and other backward candidates for 3 years

>>Handicapped candidates for 10 years .

Number of attempts :

Every general candidates are eligible to the write the examination for 4 times and 7 times in case of 7 times and there is no limit for sc/st candidates .

Physical fitness :

you should be physically as well as mentally fit for the ips post ie : weight , height , and eye sight , then only your eligible for the ips training .

if your satisfy this requirement ,then definitely become an ips officer as you like .
18th September 2011, 07:30 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every years.age limit 21-30 foe general candidates, there are 5 & 3 years relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidates. a candidate must have completed his\her graduation in any stream.

Every general candidates are eligible to the write the examination for 4 times and 7 times in case of 7 times and there is no limit for sc/st candidates .

---physical eligibility---

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

thank you!!
19th September 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEIL6 View Post
For becoming IPS, You will have to complete your graduation first. After that, you will have to give two exams: ist is Preliminary examination which comprises of objective type question paper. If you complete this test then you can appear for UPSC civil service main exam. After completing that examination you can become an IPS officer.

Best wishes!
i m doing sy bcom so cn i appeared the preliminary exam now
20th September 2011, 04:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

Thanks
21st September 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

i have no three teeth .so what i am pass in medicall?
22nd September 2011, 11:47 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

IPS is a part of Civil Services, and its exams are conducted by UPSC. Anyone who has completed 21 years of age on 1st August of the year can apply for IPS exam. You can read more information on this from the website of UPSC. Before appearing for Civil Services examinations, it is advisable to build an alternative career for yourself. So, you should for now pay attention to your engineering first and try to develop your personality. You can then later on sit for the IPS officer paper.
26th September 2011, 08:00 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

for appear in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream.
the age limit exist for examination is 21-30.
there are 5 & 3 years of relaxations are given to SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
Number of attempts :

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

thank you!!
26th September 2011, 08:06 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

for appear in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream.
the age limit exist for examination is 21-30.
there are 5 & 3 years of relaxations are given to SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
Number of attempts :

thank you!!
27th September 2011, 03:44 AM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

eligibility criteria for union public service commission (UPSC) is;

qualification

-a candidate should be graduate from any recognized university or
a candidate as an appearing candidate can also apply

-for general-21-30 years
-for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
-for SC/ST upper age limit is 35 years

number of attempts

-for general-4 attempts
-for OBC- 7 attempts
-for SC/ST- no limits

for further details you can visit the official website of UPSC;

www.upsc.gov.in

for more details you can see the attachment given;
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: docx upsc syllabus.docx(11.2 KB, 76 views)
29th September 2011, 02:00 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Qualifications required to become an IPS(Indian Police Services)

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 33 years for OBC category
* You should have age limit within 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Best wishes
1st October 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

sir is it necessary that for writing this upsc exams for IPS my career must be first class all over?
8th October 2011, 12:10 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

IPS(Indian Police Service)

this examination is conducted by UPSC every year,.
for apply in this civil service examination you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college,

the age limit for this exam is 21-30, there are 5 & 3 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

NO. OF ATTEMPTS-
No of attempts for candidate-

FOR general-4

OBC-7

No limit for SC/ST student

good luck
8th October 2011, 09:17 PM
jiit_shobhit

hello freind's,if u r graduate from any descipline,u can apply for IPS examination conducted by UPSC.last yr students also eligible for ips.age should be 21 to 30..u can get form and format from GPO and bookstalls.for more information u can log in:www.upsc.gov.in
goodluck
18th November 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

what are procedures to get selected for IPS in detail
24th November 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

The attempt limit of 4 year is for what.
1) the preliminary
2) the main
3) both
14th December 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

hi i'm krishnan i finished diploma in electrical and electronics engg and now i 'm studying b.e 1st year I qualified for IPS
3rd February 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

competing graduation is compulsory for this exam?
10th May 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

i finished in bcom a open university,so i will tray in ips entrance exam? pls suggesstion
11th July 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I'raj
Can i join I.P.S officer but my left heand crecth in middile to childrend time..but my heand all work..so join i.p.s
12th July 2012, 03:43 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IPS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA For IPS:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply UPSC IPS EXAM
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details : http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2012, 07:35 PM
manas.1989

Best wishes!
31st October 2012, 07:41 PM
manas.1989

Best wishes!
31st October 2012, 09:32 PM
manas.1989

IPS is a part of Civil Services, and its exams are conducted by UPSC. Anyone who has completed 21 years of age on 1st August of the year can apply for IPS exam. You can read more information on this from the website of UPSC. Before appearing for Civil Services examinations, it is advisable to build an alternative career for yourself. So, you should for now pay attention to your engineering first and try to develop your personality. You can then later on sit for the IPS officer paper.
31st October 2012, 09:54 PM
manas.1989

First you have to pass the UPSC civil service exam , only then you can be a IPS officer .
The upsc exam has two stages of examinations -
1. primary levet
2. Main exam
So you have to pass primary level first then the main exam.
Criteria for UPSC civil service exam
1. Candidates age should be 20 to 30.
2.candidate should be graduate.
3.Graduate candidate of final tear are also eligible.
Thank you
31st October 2012, 10:53 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS Stands Indian Police Service

IPS is a one of the Civil Service Exam . It can be conducted by UPSC once a year

IPS Eligibility :

Educational Qualification : you must be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University

Age limit : you are age limit between 21 to 30 years
The upper age relaxation for reserved candidates
3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

You must be a Indian

Number Of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 Times
OBC Candidates : 7 Times
SC/ST Candidates : No limit

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ips_eng.pdf(50.7 KB, 143 views)
31st October 2012, 11:56 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........

To became an IPS officer you have to be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university .the age limit is 21 - 30 yrs, There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates .

For more details log on to ....
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
8th June 2015, 02:59 PM
VASU DHIMAN

Could you tell me what are the basic education for ips enterance test.sir plyz tell me actually we are very confused in this test.infact i have drop two years.if u tell us in this test .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?