27th September 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

what is the minimam colifaction for join ips...could u please provide to me the qualification criteria

28th September 2011, 10:36 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimam colifaction for join ips...could u please provide to me the qualification criteria
IPS : Indian Police Services

IPS is also an integrated service of Indian Civil Services to select the personnel in to these services UPSC(A govt Body) conducts a common entrance exam named CSE(Civil Service Entrance exam)

The aspirants of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc., should clear this entrance examination.

The eligibility of this examination is as follows have a look at it.

->you have to get a degree certificate in your hand.
->you should also complete 21 years of age.

this is the minimum eligibility for Civil Service exam.

after being eligible you have to get enrolled for the exam

for your information , The exam or selection procedure is of three stage pattern
->CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)
->Mains Exam
->Personal Interview.

you have to clear every stage with vigorous preparation.

for getting selected into IPS Service you have to be physically fit without any problem i.e., like physical disparity or any transmitting disease. you have to be prove your fitness at the medical test conducted.

This is how you have to join into the prestigious position in Indian police department.

The official web link of UPSC where you will get the eligibility criteria and other details like Exam code is as follows please do have a look at it.

www.upsc.gov.in

Regards

~aditya~
28th September 2011, 10:40 AM
neha bh

Default Re: Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

regards
neha
28th September 2011, 11:07 AM
jevirsinh

Hello friend

For being an IPS officer you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
UPSC conducts civil services examination every year and this is the only way to be an IPS officer.

Eligibility
Bachelor degree from any Govt of India recognized university college.
AGE:GEN-21-30, OBC-relaxation of 3 years, SC/ST-relaxation of 5 years.

More you can read at the following websites
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscexam.com
www.civilservices.in
www.upscportal.com

All the best..
28th September 2011, 12:56 PM
ashweryasoni

Quote:

MInimum qualification for IPS is Graduation
28th September 2011, 01:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IPS exam:-

*Educational qualification:-

1.One must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

*Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

*The candidate must be physically fit...

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..
All the best.
28th September 2011, 01:48 PM
malek basit

Wink Re: Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

Dear friends

>>For Joining into a IIT Post Graduate Program you must be an Indian Citizen and not above the age of 21. You must have completed your Class 12 from India with minimum 60% and also you need to clear...

There are no special requirements for appearing for the IPS exam as it is part of the Civil Services examination. So if you fulfill the criteria for civil services exams you, by default, qualify for IPS exams as well. To be eligible for the civil services exams:

•IPS Exam Eligibility

The IPS (Indian Police Service) Exam has special physical and national eligibility criteria that a candidate aspiring for the IPS Exam should fulfill. - 10 months ago
28th September 2011, 02:04 PM
abhijitsen78999

when when civil service exam happen?from where i get those forms?
28th September 2011, 02:19 PM
swapnil khivansara

Quote:
To join Indian Police Service you should pass out batchalor degree in any stream of Science/arts or commerce. Then you have to prepare for Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exaim that is contain Priliminary, main and finally interview and based on all these score they allocate candidate for IPS or IAS. I hope this answer will satisfy your query.
28th September 2011, 04:08 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this examination is conducted by UPSC every years.for appear in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream.
the age li9mit exist for this exam is 21-30.
there Are 5 years of relaxations are given to SST candidates.
The exam or selection procedure is of three stage pattern
->Mains Exam
->Personal Interview.
28th September 2011, 04:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To join the Indian Police Service, one has to qualify the civil service examination.
The civil service examination is conducted by union public service commission and candidates who holds a bachelors degree, in any discipline, are considered eligible to write the exam.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
General candidates over 30 years, OBC candidates over 33 years and SC/ST candidate over 35 years are not eligible for the exam.
For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission-UPSC.
28th September 2011, 04:30 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

HI DEAR
IPS : Indian Police Services

IPS is also an integrated service of Indian Civil Services to select the personnel in to these services UPSC(A govt Body) conducts a common entrance exam named CSE(Civil Service Entrance exam)

for your information , The exam or selection procedure is of three stage pattern
->Mains Exam
->Personal Interview.

for getting selected into IPS Service you have to be physically fit without any problem i.e., like physical disparity or any transmitting disease. you have to be prove your fitness at the medical test conducted.

This is how you have to join into the prestigious position in Indian police department.

The official web link of UPSC where you will get the eligibility criteria and other details like Exam code is as follows please do have a look at it.

www.upsc.gov.in

Regards

~MANOJ~
28th September 2011, 05:01 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

you must have nationality indian
the age limit 21-30.
there are 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
you must have graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.
1st October 2011, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

Thanks
11th October 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

sir
i complete MBA ,when the notification announce 2011-2012 .
16th October 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I read 3 in a small digree college.will i join in ips?
27th November 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir.
I am Jagadish Ram from Kolkata in Kanchrapara.I want to be in life a I.P.S. Officer.
Thank You!
11th January 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

sir iam degree student; how many mark in degree join in ips
9th February 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

hi friend I fail in XIIth exam can I give the IPS Officer examination
9th February 2012, 08:13 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

IPS is a part of Civil Services, and its exams are conducted by UPSC. Anyone who has completed 21 years of age on 1st August of the year can apply for IPS exam. You can read more information on this from the website of UPSC. Before appearing for Civil Services examinations, it is advisable to build an alternative career for yourself. So, you should for now pay attention to your engineering first and try to develop your personality. You can then later on sit for the IPS officer paper.
9th February 2012, 08:31 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.P.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

all the best.
19th February 2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
i am 12th passed from science pursuing B A first year
20th February 2012, 08:22 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible.

Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission's examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination.
In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original Degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University/Institution that they had completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.

Nationality :

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India
For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
20th February 2012, 11:03 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I.P.S exam is conducted By U.P.S.C once in a year..

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
21st February 2012, 05:30 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Minimum qualification required to join IPS?

Quote:
Dear friend you should have minimum bachelor's degree from a recognized university
best of luck
17th June 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
I completed MA(Punjabi), But my eye sight is down i se everything clearly with specs . can i eligible for give test????
17th June 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am meena kya ips ka entrance exam test kisi bi language main de sakte hain jese english ,hindi ,punjabi
31st October 2012, 09:24 PM
manas.1989

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

regards
31st October 2012, 09:50 PM
manas.1989

Hello friend

For being an IPS officer you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
UPSC conducts civil services examination every year and this is the only way to be an IPS officer.

Eligibility
Bachelor degree from any Govt of India recognized university college.
AGE:GEN-21-30, OBC-relaxation of 3 years, SC/ST-relaxation of 5 years.

More you can read at the following websites
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscexam.com
www.civilservices.in
www.upscportal.com
31st October 2012, 11:45 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nice to see your interest in the civil Service examination. Indian Police Services (IPS) is consider as the one of the best job of India. IPS examination is conducted by the Unoin Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. To appear in the IPS entrance examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS entrance examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Do preparation well for the upcoming IPS entrance examination. The competition is really tough so do hard work to get success in the examination. For any more and complete information regarding the IPS examination please visit the official website of UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2012, 11:55 PM
priyankasree

->Mains Exam
->Personal Interview.

www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2013, 11:53 PM
shibu j baby

can a person from the field of nursing join IPS
6th January 2013, 06:30 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service, to an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Minimum Qualification Required for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate
-The candidate should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this a minimum physical requirement is required for IPS aspirants such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male - 165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm while Female-145cm

CHEST:- Male - 84cm while Female - 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th January 2013, 06:31 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service, to an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Minimum Qualification Required for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate
-The candidate should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this a minimum physical requirement is required for IPS aspirants such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male - 165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm while Female-145cm

CHEST:- Male - 84cm while Female - 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th January 2013, 02:32 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

The minimum educational qualification to appear this exam is Graduation in any stream. So if you are cooleted your graduation then you are eligible for IPS exam. This exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have to complete graduation or any other bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

There is no Percentage restrictions to apply this exam.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The candidates age should be between the 21 to 30years, there is an relaxation for OBC candidates i.e 3 years, and for the SC/ST candidates i.e 5 years.

Selection process:-

Civil services preliminary exam,

Civil services mains exam,

Personal interview.

Prelimary exam details:-

Mains exam details:-

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
26th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Annu 4

HELLO SIR -*-*-*-*-*-*

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

There is no Percentage restrictions to apply this exam.

The candidates age should be between the 21 to 30years

The candidate should have to complete graduation or any other bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.The minimum educational qualification to appear this exam is Graduation in any stream. So if you are cooleted your graduation then you are eligible for IPS exam.

ALL THE BEST *--*-*-*-*-*
27th May 2013, 01:20 PM
a k 47

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit
GENERAL:21-30years
OBC: 33 years
ST/SC: 35 years
2.Number of Attempts
GENERAL:4
OBC:7
ST/SC: no limit

3. Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.
Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

All the best
31st July 2013, 10:57 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its really nice to see that you want to join the Indian Police Services. The Civil Services Exam is the way through which you can become an IPS Officer.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil services Exam every year.

The Minimum qualifications Required for Civil Services are :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

>> The candidate can also give the Civil Services Exam if they are in the final year of graduation.

## Age Limit :

>> For General Candidates : 21-30 years

>> For OBC Candidates : 21-33 years

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 years

## Nationality :

>> The candidate must have Indian Citizenship.

## Number Of Attempts :

>> For General Candidates : 4

>> For OBC Candidates : 7

>> For SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

## Physical Standards :

The candidate must be mentally and physically fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?