21st November 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to achieve my goal of becoming an Astrophysicist?

I am a student of B.sc (in physics and maths) from Jammu university.I want to become an astrophysict.What should I do to achieve my goal? Pleaseeeee, mail me the details as soon as possible.

22nd December 2011, 09:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to achieve my goal of becoming an Astrophysicist?

In order to become a astrophysicist you have to pursue PG courses like M.Tech, MS, PhD programmes in Aerospace engineering & Avionics in India. You can join any of the reputed institutions like, Indian Institute of Astrophysics (Bangalore) , Indian Institute of Science, (Bangalore), Raman Research Institute, (Bangalore), Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (Pune) etc.
Most of these institutes offer opportunities to the aspiring candidates based on a joint entrance test followed by an interview.The minimum qualification required for appearing for the entrance exam is a Master's degree in Physics. Some of these institutes accomodate engineering graduates as well.

If you have the required eligibility, you have to sit for the entrance test. For more details, refer, http://www.iiap.res.in
30th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

In order to do Bsc in astrophysics which college is best for me & what should i do to get admission there?
26th October 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to became an astrophysict by taking m.Tec in mechanical eng,is this possible?
2nd November 2012, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an astro physicist too !! im actually in 10th ..and i wanna know how to succceed dis goal of mine!
10th October 2013, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

im interested in knowing abt uiverse so i want to be an astrophysicst s what should i do to make knowng abt universe as my life
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?