23rd September 2012, 02:06 PM
kritika maan

What should I do after BSc? I have scored 73% marks in BSc

sir, i have keen interst in forestry, also i have got 73% marks in b.sc.1(ZBF) group from D.S.B. campus Nainital(KU). but i am not inrested in m.sc. pls tell me what should i do after b.sc.

26th October 2012, 11:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after BSc? I have scored 73% marks in BSc

Other than M.Sc, a few courses are available in forestry and wild life. MBA in Forestry and environment management is an option for you. You can also look for PG Diploma in Wild Animal Disease Management. Master of wild life science is another suitable course for you. Select any course according to your interest. It is also possible to look for courses like MCA.
27th October 2012, 10:50 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you are very interested in Forestry the options are limited to Forest/Environmental management courses. The Forest Management deals in various aspects like scientific knowledge, legal aspects and preservation of forests. The forest management courses are also related to protecting natural resources.

Environmental Management deals in the areas of environmental friendly policies and regulations. Pollution control is also important aspect of the Environmental Management studies. With this degree you can work for various organizations and help them overcome any Environmental hurdle that is affecting the development of their projects.

The best option would be a Master of Business Administration degree since you are not interested in M.Sc. Some of the courses which you will find interesting are:

MBA in Energy & Environment

MBA in Environmental Management

MBA in Forestry Management

Post Graduate Diploma in Environment Management

Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management

Eligibility

The eligibility criteria could vary from course to course however you will need a graduation degree for sure to apply for these courses. In case you are interested in MBA, then it would be mandatory to appear for entrance exams such as Common Admission Test. To appear for CAT, you will need a graduation degree in 50 percent marks.

Jobs

You can work for a NGO organization for the conservation of soil and forest. There are opportunities in the government departments as well. All the departments related to wildlife and forest would be keen to give you job. Ministry of Environment would also provide job options for you.

In the private sector you can work for companies that are in the field of timber plantations. Other than that you can work for companies to help them get clear any environmental hurdle for their projects. You will look into big projects and make necessary changes to get the government clearance. You can also start a private consultancy to do the same.
8th July 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed 10 2 with PCB scoring 78% and 92 marks in biology. I want to do Bsc Zoology. But I am confused about bsc ZBC and bsc ZBF . which one should i opt for ? chemistry is not my strong subject so should i opt forestry ?
8th May 2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed bsc. in zoology scoring 65%. Bt i want to become a wildlife photographer, which course should i take?
13th February 2021, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm in final year of BSc ( ZBF) n I want to do MSc in zoology...so I just checked some entrance for msc but there were the eligibility criteria which says chemistry is must in your graduation...so can u plz suggest some entrance test of good colleges where people with ZBF subject can also apply for msc zoology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?