30th April 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing 12th board exam? I wanted to do CA

i have passed my 12th board xams now and i wanted to do c.a so could u please suggest me what to do

7th May 2012, 02:42 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th board exam? I wanted to do CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have passed my 12th board xams now and i wanted to do c.a so could u please suggest me what to do

If your aspiring to apply for CA course After completing 12th standard then you should qualified in CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) which is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India .

ICAI means Institute of Chartered Accountant of India . It is an professional Course . The course duration is for three years and the course is divided into Foundation course , Intermediate or Executive course , Final course .

To apply for Foundation course you should qualified in 12th or Equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized university . Your age should not less then 17 years . You should qualified in CPT Examination with good percentile of marks . With qualified in CPT Examination your not eligible for ICAI Course .

Important :- CPT Examination is mandatory to apply for Foundation course .

CPT means Common Proficiency Test . This Examination is organized by Institute of Chartered Accountant of India .

The Examination may held in both the Paper Pencil mode and Online registration . The Examination for Paper Pencil Mode may held during the Month of June and December and Online Registration mode may held during the Month of August , September , October and November .

To apply for CPT Examination you should complete 12th standard (or) Equivalent Examination in any discipline with Minimum 50% percentage of marks from recognized university .

Final year candidate / The candidate who waiting for the Result of 12th board Examination may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

If your qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks then you may register ICAI Foundation course .

If your interested to apply for Intermediate course then you should complete Graduation in any discipline from recognized university .

-For Commerce stream candidates 55% percentage of marks
-For Science stream candidates 60% percentage of marks .

So, If your complete Graduation with good percentage of marks then you may directly apply for Intermediate course .

So, If your interested CA course then , You may apply for CPT Examination after your 12th standard .

Fees Structure for CA course :-

7th May 2012, 04:05 PM
iiebm

get preparation for C.A means its not easy to become C.A so get admission and do the preparations..
7th May 2012, 04:32 PM
shakeelahmad786
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
if you want do ca then have to apply for cpt(common preficiency test)from institute of chartered accountant.
7th May 2012, 06:05 PM
romi_bal

A Candidate who has passed the 10th examination can register for the Competency Professional Test (CPT) of the CA programme. But they can write the examination only after passing the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or waiting for the 10+2 exam results. There are no restrictions with regard to the age of the candidate or marks secured in Senior Secondary Examination.

The CA Programme is mainly divided into Professional Competency Course and Final course. After completing the CPT or graduation with required marks one can go for Professional Competency Course (PCC). The registration for PCC is open throughout the year. The exam will be held twice a year in May and November.

Eligibility for PCC:
--> Commerce graduates with 50% marks,
--> Non-commerce graduates with subjects other than Mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks
--> Non-commerce graduates with Math with an aggregate of 60% marks

Subjects for Professional Competency Course (PCC) The Professional Competency Examination has two groups that consists of three papers each (i.e total 6 papers) and each paper consist 100 marks each.

Group I
Paper 1 - Accounting
Paper 2 - Auditing
Paper 3 - Business and Corporate Laws

Group II
Paper 4 - Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Paper 5 - Income Tax & Central Sales Tax
Paper 6 - Information Technology

Final Course
The candidate could register as a final student and write the final exam once they passed the PCE and the Information Technology training.

On successful completion of the Final examination one becomes the member of the Institute. Member of the Institute may either practice as a Chartered Accountant on his own or go for employment.
7th May 2012, 06:32 PM
tash1991

Chartered accountancy is different from other courses in the sense that one does not need to go to any institute and attend classes to be able to become a chartered accountant.
The chartered accountancy course is done via the correspondence route, and the applicants are required to study by themselves and then give the examinations on the dates set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).After completing +2 following steps have to be completed in becoming a chartered accountant

The steps involved in becoming a chartered accountant are as follows:

Step 1. Taking up the foundation course for chartered accountancy: Students have to get registered for the foundation course at the Indian Chartered Accountants Institute before embarking on their studies to become a chartered accountant. This foundation course is usually of a one-year duration, and the course material is provide to the student, who then has to study it in preparation for an examination at the end of the one-year period.

Step 2. Completing the foundation course and preparing for the intermediate examination: After clearing the foundation exam for chartered accountancy, students then have to start their practical training. They have to complete 18 months of practical training with a chartered accountant before sitting for the intermediate examination. The students are tested on two groups of three papers each during this examination.

Step 3. Qualifying in the intermediate examination and appearing for the final examination: Students can start studying for the final exam only after dealing the intermediate examination. They then have to undergo two more years of practical training before they can sit for the final examination, in which the students are tested on two groups of four papers each.

Step 4. Enroll as a member of the ICAI and choose to either join employment or set up own practice: After successful completion of the final exam, the aspiring CA can apply for membership of the ICAI. All members are deemed associate members of the institute. Associate members who have been in practice for a minimum of five years and possess the experience prescribed by the council for this purpose are entitled to apply for Fellowship.
7th May 2012, 09:26 PM
Vijaya Rathod

C.A is good option but its relly very difficult... clearing cpt is easy but ipcc is dam tough... all you need is will power n patience and last but not the lest hard work.. You must be knowing your capacity so go for c.a. only if you have confidence of clearing it n will power to do that hard work. There are many other options other then c.a. . You can do any degree course like fashion designing , interiors , multimedia & animation , tourism etc and if you want to go for studies then c.s. or m.b.a is olso good option
14th August 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 from nios n wana to do CA after qualifying cpt can I do ipcc is nios 12 degree accepted by icai....
15th September 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Is any digree nessassary to be a c a after 2
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?