7th March 2012, 05:18 PM

When can I register for CS after passing 12th board exam?

Dear Sir,
presently i am giving my 12th board exam. I just wanted to know that when can i register for cs and what are its courses.
Thanks,
Manshu Pandey.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I register for 12th Board exam if completed 11th about 2 years ago?
  2. Can I register for ICSI course along with B.Com after completing 12th?
  3. How can I register to appear in NATA being a 12th student?
  4. What is the passing marks in all subjects of 12th Science CBSE Board exam?
  5. Can I register for CS foundation before getting my 12th results?
  6. Can I appear for 12th exam board after passing 12th exam through UP board with 52% marks
  7. Percentage needed to pass CBSE board exams? If I fail in Maths then when I would have to give my exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Possibility of repeating 12th class after passing 12th with 51% marks from UP board?
  9. Can I directly give 12th exam from private after passing 10th from Maharashtra board?
  10. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board?
  11. Can a Ex Student give the examination of science stream?
  12. Pass marks required in Theory & Practicals of 12th board exam 2016?
  13. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  14. What to do after passing 12th from Rajasthan State Board with 61% marks in PCB? Should I repeat 12th or join engineering college?
  15. What to do after passing 12th PCM with 60.92%? Should I repeat 12th or should I apply for degree courses?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for any scholarship after passing 12th exam with 74% in 12th with CBSE board? -- [New]
  17. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  18. Guidance regarding CA course to join after the completion of Intermediate?
30th June 2012, 08:51 PM
chapashu

Default Re: When can I register for CS after passing 12th board exam?

, I would suggest that you go for a CA exam. Reasons:
*A company can have ONLY one CS, but can have many CAs. So the demand for CAs is more. I mean the post of a CS is statutory per the Parliament of India.
*One can also practice as a standalone CA; but with CS you are left with nothing if you dont have a job and have no other professional degree.
*You get exemption from several papers of both CS and ICWA if you clear CA. But not vice-versa.

Important:
All in all, subjects are almost similar in CA, CS, and ICWA. But the focus changes; like in CA you focus mainly on Accounting, in CS you focus on Law while its Costing in ICWA, right? So in CS, you will have to cram a lot, I mean all those sections. If you are bad at remembering various sections of law, then forget doing CS.

I am not saying that CS is a bad course, ok. If you have decided to pursue it, do also plan to do LL.B. with it. I am not sure if one is really permitted to pursue CS and LL.B together. Do check with the university, but many students still do both together.

Doing LL.B with CS is advised because the reason is you become proficient in law and can also become a Corporate Affairs Lawyer later on in case one fails to find a job.

Good Luck with your future! But still I feel you should have enrolled for any of the courses in your first year of your graduation itself. I mean you could have easily passed Intermediate stage of any of the three exams by now. (No offence intended, ok)
So now enroll only after you complete your B.Com.

How and When to Apply:
One can apply throughout the year and there is no last date for the 'registration'. But one can apply for their first attempt at the 'examination' only after 9 or 10 months of 'registration'. Got it? I would suggest that you re-check this time duration which I mentioned just now. You can write to ICSI with appropriate fees for a brochure and registration form. See the website for further details.

Just chill and say CHEERS!
30th June 2012, 08:55 PM
chapashu

Default Re: When can I register for CS after passing 12th board exam?

, I would suggest that you go for a CA exam. Reasons:
*A company can have ONLY one CS, but can have many CAs. So the demand for CAs is more. I mean the post of a CS is statutory per the Parliament of India.
*One can also practice as a standalone CA; but with CS you are left with nothing if you dont have a job and have no other professional degree.
*You get exemption from several papers of both CS and ICWA if you clear CA. But not vice-versa.

Important:
All in all, subjects are almost similar in CA, CS, and ICWA. But the focus changes; like in CA you focus mainly on Accounting, in CS you focus on Law while its Costing in ICWA, right? So in CS, you will have to cram a lot, I mean all those sections. If you are bad at remembering various sections of law, then forget doing CS.

I am not saying that CS is a bad course, ok. If you have decided to pursue it, do also plan to do LL.B. with it. I am not sure if one is really permitted to pursue CS and LL.B together. Do check with the university, but many students still do both together.

Doing LL.B with CS is advised because the reason is you become proficient in law and can also become a Corporate Affairs Lawyer later on in case one fails to find a job.

Good Luck with your future! But still I feel you should have enrolled for any of the courses in your first year of your graduation itself. I mean you could have easily passed Intermediate stage of any of the three exams by now. (No offence intended, ok)
So now enroll only after you complete your B.Com.

How and When to Apply:
One can apply throughout the year and there is no last date for the 'registration'. But one can apply for their first attempt at the 'examination' only after 9 or 10 months of 'registration'. Got it? I would suggest that you re-check this time duration which I mentioned just now. You can write to ICSI with appropriate fees for a brochure and registration form. See the website for further details.

Just chill and say CHEERS!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?