21st July 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to appear for IAS Exam pursuing my Nursing course?

i AM STUDYING NURSING CORCE .I WANT TO APPEAR FOR IAS EXAM . WHAT SHOULD IDO

21st July 2011, 05:49 PM
vnr0001

Default Re: What should I do to appear for IAS Exam pursuing my Nursing course?

What is sql loader?
21st July 2011, 06:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The very first thing you should know about the civil service exam is that a graduate, in any discipline, within the age limit of 21-30 years is eligible to write the exam.
Assuming that you are pursuing bachelors degree course, you are eligible for the exam but if you are doing any diploma course, you won't be eligible.

To apply for the exam, you will have to fill up and send the application form available at designated post offices and head post offices throughout our country.

You may also apply for the exam through online application form available at www.upsconline.nic.in.

For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
21st July 2011, 07:20 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

For IAS exam criteria is:--

* Candidate pass graduation

*Age- 21 to 30 years

5 years relaxation as per Sc/ST

3 years for OBC

* Attempts- 4 times for general candidate

7 times for OBC

No limits for SC/ST

pattern of exam:--

* Pre-liminary exam

* Final exam

specially month of march the application form released

and you apply for that

more information see:--

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 08:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i AM STUDYING NURSING CORCE .I WANT TO APPEAR FOR IAS EXAM . WHAT SHOULD IDO
About UPSC Civil Services Examination -

Firstly, I have to Inform You that If your Aim is to become IAS Officer, then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination And To apply for UPSC Civil services examination you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

There is No Minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

So, If you have Pursuing your Graduate Nursing course and you are in your final year examination, Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer, But your age should between 21 to 30 years Only then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

The Notification was Generally published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the month Of February Every year, Firstly you have to appear for the Preliminary examination and After clear the Preliminary examination you are eligible for SIT in Main examination.

The Preliminary examination are Objective type paper, there are 2 paper in the preliminary examination both are 200 Marks Each But In Main examination you have to choose the optional Subjects on the basis of graduation subject.

The General candidates will gets only 4 Attempts in this examination, 7 for OBC and No limits for SC, ST candidates, The Upper age relaxation is also applicable for SC, ST , OBC And other reserved category candidates And if you need more information, then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 10:01 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
i am studying nursing corce .i want to appear for ias exam . What should ido
you can appear for the exam in the last year of your course as minimum qualification required for ias is a graduate degree from a recognized university
21st July 2011, 11:22 PM
genius_911

you have to appear for UPSC Civil Services examination to become an IAS officer.. for this you need to complete your graduation first in any discipline from the recognised university... if you are in final year of your nursing course then also you are eligible for this exam..
there is also an age-limit criteria which is 21-30 years.. SC,ST and OBC candidates have been provided a relaxation in the upper age limit... for more info, visit the official site http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2011, 10:58 PM
honeyandmoney

you should know about the civil service exam is that a graduate, in any discipline, within the age limit of 21-30 years is eligible to write the exam.
Assuming that you are pursuing bachelors degree course, you are eligible for the exam but if you are doing any diploma course, you won't be eligible.

To apply for the exam, you will have to fill up and send the application form available at designated post offices and head post offices throughout our country.

You may also apply for the exam through online application form available at www.upsconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?