15th September 2011, 03:43 PM
Ramesh.bharti209

What should I do to become a Pilot having completed Inter with Maths?

I am inter passed student with maths i want to be a pilot please tell me what should i do?

15th September 2011, 05:52 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a Pilot having completed Inter with Maths?

A great choice to be a Pilot for the service of India.

for this you have to follow some criteria:

1:You should pass 10+2 with Physics,Math,Chemistry scoring minimum 50% marks.

2:You have to join any Air Flying School.

3:You should be 17 years of age.

4:You have to qualify the first step in Pilot training is achieving of Student Pilot Licence (SPL). then you can start flight training to get Private Pilot Licence (PPL).

There are so many admission test to get admission. one of the most important examination is that Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam, is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and [B]Air Force Academy(AFA)[/B]

Flying branch as pilot will be selected through Short Service Commission for men & women

i)19 to 23 years
ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

they offer some important courses like:

1:Flight Test Engineer Course (Fixed / Rotary Wing / Avionics / Instrumentation)

2:Pilot Attack Instructors Course

3:Fighter Combat Leader Course

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ly_branch.html

Another option is NDA(National Defence Academy) exam.

OthereInstitutions:

1:The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRAU) is the Premier flying institute in India.

2:West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Behala,Kolkata
3:Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar

4:Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra
5:Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore

6:Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
7:Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati

8:Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre

9:Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi

10:Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderaba
15th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Tapan Manoharmayum

Default Re: What should I do to become a Pilot having completed Inter with Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh.bharti209 View Post
I am inter passed student with maths i want to be a pilot please tell me what should i do?
In my opinion to become a commercial pilot after 12th standard.Just go for a commercial pilot course.And,completing your course you'll get PPL ,so after go you got PPL you have to fly for 68 hours then you'll get your goal.

Thank you!!
16th September 2011, 12:28 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

o become a pilot, aspirants need to join Air flying schools after completion of 10+2, they should pass the 10+2 exam with physic, chemistry, math. Minimum marks should be 50%.So, you have to complete 10+2 to appear for any pilot training ....

They need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India, they also need to clear the physical fitness (Which is tough one).The training period is usually around 12 months. The completion of which enables you to become a pilot or first officer on board. The first officer refers to the actual designation given to the pilot, and is often referred to as the 'copilot'. First officers can upgrade to captain/commander depending on their seniority Only totally fit person can get opportunity to get admission in flying schools.

Don’t confuse with the job of pilot of Indian air Force. IAF pilot is selected through NDA exam, training is free!!!!!
But if opt for private training it will be very costly....

They need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India,some will be state owned and some will be private..

State-owned
  1. Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Akademi, Rae Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
  2. Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
  3. Amritsar Aviation Club, Amritsar, Punjab
  4. Bihar Flying Institute, Patna, Bihar
  5. Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai, Maharashtra
  6. Gujarat Flying Club, Vadodara, Gujarat
  7. Government. Flying Training Institute, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa

Private :
  • Chimes Aviation Academy - http://www.caaindia.com
  • Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - http://www.aaa.co.in
  • Academy of Carver Aviation, Belgaum, Karnataka
  • Flytech Aviation Academy, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - http://www.flytechaviation.com
  • Garg Aviation, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
30th October 2012, 09:30 PM
suraj391

Hello,
Eligibility

1. You should complete 12th PCM from a recognized board.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th standard.

3. Age limit for Commerical pilot course is 18 to 28 years.

Physical Requirement

Height

You should be at least 5 feet tall

Eyesight

The requirement is 6/6 vision. However candidates
wearing glasses can also apply only if their eyes are
correctable to 20/20 for distance view and 20/40 for
near vision. Please note that the contact lense and lasik
surgery are not allowed.

Procedure

Step 1 - Student’s Pilot Licence

The first step is to obtain Student's Pilot Licence.
You can apply for it after completing 10th standard.
Your age should be at least 16 years to obtain the licence.
To do so you will have to appear for written test on mathematics.
The questions would be related to aircrafts. You will have to score
75 marks out of 100 to pass the test and obtain the licence.

Step 2 - Private Pilot Licence

Your real training will start in the second step. Before you can
get Private Pilot Licence, you will be given flying lessons. You
will require at least 40 hours of flying experience with instructor
and 20 hours of solo flying experience. Apart from it there will be
written test which is conducted by the DGCA.

Step 3 - Commercial Pilot Licence

The last stage to become pilot is to obtain Commercial Pilot Licence.
At least 250 hours of flying experience is required. Following which
you will have to appear for written tests on Air Regulations, Aviation
Meteorology, Air Navigation. The written tests would be followed by
medical test after which you will get commercial licence.

thaxsss
all the best
31st October 2012, 12:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-If you have passed 10+2 with physics and maths then you will be eligible for becoming a pilot.

-Age limit for applying for pilot is 18 to 30 years of age.

-Your eyesight must be 6/6 if you want to become a pilot.

-After passing 10+2 you can apply for student pilot license. For this you have to pass a test which will have questions related to maths and aircrafts.

-If you get the student pilot license then you can start training as a private pilot. You have to get through a rigorous training to pass this stage.

-In the end you have to get a commercial pilot license to become a commercial pilot. For this have to undergo long our of training.

BEST OF LUCK....
31st October 2012, 12:48 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
YOU CAN BECOME PILOT.

ELIGIBILITY;-
**YOU MUST BE PASSED 12TH STANDARD FROM A RECOGNIZED BOARD WITH PCM SUBJECT.

***YOUR PERCENTAGE WILL BE ABOVE 50%

***AGE LIMIT IS 17-27 YEARS.

**YOU MUST BE INDIAN CITIZEN

PROCEDURE;-
***STUDENT PILOT LICENSE

***PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE

**COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE

THANK YOU............................
31st October 2012, 01:32 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

For candidates aspiring for future in Army, Navy or Air force after passibg class 12th, NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY conducts an entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria -

12th pass with ohysics and maths with 50%marks from a recognised school.

Age -16.5 -19 years.

You will have to pass this exam in order to become a pilot.
31st October 2012, 02:30 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh.bharti209 View Post
Hey friend,

It is good to see your interest in joining in as a Pilot in Indian Air Force right after completing +2 and having completed it with Mathematics as subjects you are eligible as per the education qualification needed for writing the entrance exam to join in Indian Air Force as the exam which you can possibly write with this qualification is the NDA Exam

UPSC conducts this exam and this exam is being held as NDA I and NDA II and held for candidate to join in defnece forces of India.

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

Nationality:

>> The candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India

Martial Status:

>> The Martial Status needed for the exam is that the caniddtae must be a unmarried male candidate.

Age Limit:

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years

Education Qualification:

>> The candidate joining in Indian Air Force should have completed +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subject and you need to have completed it with a fair percentage.

Physical Standard:

The candidate who is satisfying all these criteira is eligible for applying for the NDA Exam and you can apply for the exam in 2 ways such as:

-> Online

-> Offline

Pattern For NDA Exam:

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2012, 05:47 PM
ssreeja

minimum qualification required for pilot training is a pass in 12th standard with an aggregate of 50% in Physics and Maths subjects. Aspirants above 17 years can apply for the training program. There are many aviation centers offering pilot training programs across India and abroad.

The selection of this course is done by the personal aptitude test conducted by the institute. The students who have qualified the aptitude test are only eligible for the commercial pilot course.

To become a pilot you have to acquire all three license
Student’s Pilot Licence (SPL),
Private Pilot Licence (PPL) or the Hobby Licence
Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL).

You will have to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India,And also need to clear the physical fitness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?