16th September 2012, 12:52 AM
praveen.m.k

What should I do if I am a B.E Civil Student?

myself praveen m k studying n sdmcet dharwad b.e CIVIL
pls help me out actually im whr much intrested n civil engg works me not getting wat to do aftr my completion of b.tech

Related Questions:
  1. Types of exams and qualifications for Civil Engineering Student?
  2. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  3. Best Civil Engineering training company in India? -- [New]
  4. What is the correct way to pursue M.S in Civil Engineering from Germany? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering Final year student
  5. Is there any job that I can go for which is related to Civil Engineering? I am a 3rd year B.Tech Civil student
  6. Can I apply for the post of JE civil? I am a student of 6th semester of diploma in civil engineering
  7. What are the job opportunity after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  8. Details about Civil internships? I am a student of Civil 2nd year
  9. What should I do if I am a B.E Civil Student?
  10. Required percentage of marks to appear for Civil Services Exam? Which subjects are a better choice for me for this exam being a B.Com student? List of Coaching centers for this Exam in Kerala?
  11. What should I do to prepare for IAS exam? I am a Civil Engineering student
  12. How to join civil engineering course if I am a student of ITI interior decoration and designing
  13. Subjects to be chosen by civil engineering student for IAS exams?
  14. How can I get information regarding exam eligibility for civil services?
  15. Winter internship for Civil engineering student?
  16. Information about BSc course in civil engineering in AMIE? I am a student of diploma in civil engineering
  17. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  18. How to get a job for civil engineer? I am a B.Tech civil engineering student
16th September 2012, 12:33 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do if I am a B.E Civil Student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.m.k View Post
myself praveen m k studying n sdmcet dharwad b.e CIVIL
pls help me out actually im whr much intrested n civil engg works me not getting wat to do aftr my completion of b.tech
HI!
After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> Indian Police Services
> Indian Engineering Services
> Indian Railways
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

All the best!
16th September 2012, 12:42 PM
ravichandran_p

Hi Praveen,
There are lot of options available for BE Civil Engineering Students.After completion of B.E you can go for IAS Exams ,IES(Indian Engineering Service) or you can opt for ME(Master of Engineering) related to civil.
Otherwise there are lot of companies recruiting engineers .Some of the Civil Engineering companies in INDIA are.
1.L&T
2.CCCL
3.SOMA
4.IOCL
5.BILLIMORIA
so you have to be strong in your core skills.These companies initially conduct written exams and the selected people should attend Interview.Then finally HR round.
16th September 2012, 02:35 PM
bindu varshney

See actualy after doing B.Tech in civil getting jobs in a reputed company is very difficult so try for doing M.Tech in a reputed university are you can do onething write APPSC exam whose notifications will come in next year so wait for that and upto that you try by sending CV to core companies i think you will get a good job as you wish
16th September 2012, 07:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you are doing Civil Engineering it would be a good option to apply for government jobs after completing the engineering graduation course. You would be able to find jobs in various Public Sector Undertakings and can even appear for the Indian Engineering Exam.

Every year there is at least shortage of 7,000 Civil Engineers therefore you are most likely to get a job after completing the graduation. As you can see there are plenty of options therefore stop worrying about the future and concerntrate on your studies. If you want a job in Public Sector Undertaking then you need to score good marks in the B.Tech course.

Civil Engineering is related to construction of buildings, pipelines, preparation of civil drawings etc. There are various Public Sector Undertakings in India that requires Civil Engineers. Some examples are:

CCI

BHEL

BEL

NTPC

BEML

BSNL

PowerGrid Corporation of India

Each PSU conducts separate entrance exam for recruiting engineering candidates. You will have to appear for the entrance exam. There is no fix date for the exam. Each year PSUs would separately publish a job post with information about the exam and details like admission process, exam dates etc. You can either get this information online or through leading employment dailies.

Depending on your performance in the entrance exam you would be offered a job in Public Sector Undertakings. Some PSUs do not conduct written test anyone instead ask of candidate's GATE score. Therefore once you have completed the engineering graduation do appear for the GATE entrance exam. Regardless of the fact that you are applying for PSU or private company, a valid GATE score is very critical.

Indian Engineering Exam is another good and viable option for Civil Engineers. This exam is also conducted for government jobs. Union Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting IES.

The Indian Engineering Exam recruits Civil Engineers and candidates of other streams for various government depatments. Some example are:

Indian Railway Service of Engineers.

Central Engineering Service.

Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).

Indian Ordance Factories Services etc

Eligibility

1. You must have B.Tech degree in the following streams:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering

2. Final year students of B.Tech may also apply.

3. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is relaxation up to 5 years for OBC/ST/SC/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?