9th April 2012, 12:35 PM
ABHI10SC

How can I get information regarding exam eligibility for civil services?

Sir i am student of mechanical engg. I want to ask that a student with a year gap can apply for civil services or not? Please guide me
plzz send me details on my mail id

13th April 2012, 06:00 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get information regarding exam eligibility for civil services?

You can apply for Civil Services Examination after completion of your B.Tech. course
in Mechanical Engineering.

Backlogs or year gap or semester gap etc. doesn't really affect your eligibility
if you clear all the papers by the time Main examination is conducted.
Once you complete your degree you are eligible to apply for the exam.

If you fail to complete your graduation by the time when Main exam would be scheduled,
your candidature shall be lost.

You must qualify the age criteria of the examination which is
21-30 years for GEN category students,
21-33 years for OBC category students
and 21-35 years for SC/ST/PD category students.

Make sure that you do not waste any attempt because no. of attempts for GEN and OBC
students is restricted.
GEN category students can attepmt the civil service exam only four times and OBC
category students can attempt the exam 7 times. There is no such restriction for
SC/ST/PD category students.

You should apply for the exam in the year (or later) in which you are sure that your
degree is going to be completed by June-July of the same.

Visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th April 2012, 09:00 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I get information regarding exam eligibility for civil services?

After one year of gap in your studies you can apply in CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.

provided
  • you have done your mechanical engineering from recognized university/institution.
  • you are not more than 30 yrs old (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC)
  • You have basic fitness level.

Number of Attempt
  • General - 4 attempt
  • OBC - 7 Attempt
  • SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit
  • General - 21 to 30 yrs
  • OBC - 21 to 33 yrs
  • SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Stages to be cleared by candidate in CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
13th April 2012, 09:46 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC for recruitment top administrative job such as IAS/IPS/IES/IFS etc. in various Dept. under Central Govt.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

If you are interested for Civil Service Exam then after completion of B.Tech degree or in the year of final degree exam you can apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more detailed information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i manoj bhosale appeared b.com exam. and i am interested in to become a psi officer in CID is this possible and which types of exam to give to become a joint in our field. please sir inform me on my email id ([email protected]) thank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?