5th December 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope in Indian Navy for Arts student? Possibility to join?

Hi,
I am Aakanksha and I am from Arts background. I have just completed my 12th. Can I join Indian Navy? Is there any scopes for Arts student in Indian Navy? If yes, then please help me. I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

6th December 2015, 11:02 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any scope in Indian Navy for Arts student? Possibility to join?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy being a student of Arts discipline. To join Indian Navy after graduation candidate need to qualify in CDS entrance examination.

CDS entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for different wings are :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from recognised university.
Candidates must have Mathematics and Physics as main paper in graduation to appear for Navy and Air Force also age must be between 19-22 years and 19-23 years respectively.
Candidates with other stream are eligible to appear for Indian Army and OTA. Age limitation is 19-24 years for Indian Army and 19-25 for OTA.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. So, you are not eligible to join Navy but you can appear for Indian Army or OTA.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th December 2015, 11:39 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope in Indian Navy for Arts student? Possibility to join?

No, there is no possibility to join Indian Navy for the student of Arts stream. To join the Indian Navy after 10+2 you need to qualify in NDA entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for NDA entrance examination for recruitment in Navy is :-
* Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper from a recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19.5 years and only male are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to join the Navy but eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination for recruitment in Indian Army. The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in written are eligible to appear for SSB.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th December 2015, 09:09 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am Aakanksha and I am from Arts background. I have just completed my 12th. Can I join Indian Navy? Is there any scopes for Arts student in Indian Navy? If yes, then please help me. I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Indian Navy is one of the defence force of India and to join in this force you need to apply for entrance exams and with the qualification which you possess you can apply for NDA exam (National Defence Academy) and this is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The eligibility needed for applying for the NDA exam includes such as nationality, martial status, age limit, educational qualification and physical standard.

The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India. Martial status is only unmarried male candidate. Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years. Educational qualification needed is that, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board with physics and mathematics as subjects for joining in Indian navy. Apart from all this you need to be physically fit.

You need to satisfy all these criteria's in order to apply for the NDA exam.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?