2nd February 2012, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to join NDA being a candidate pursuing 12th class?

Sir, my name is pankaj kumar, i am in class 12 and i am preparing for IIT-JEE. i want to join NDA .what should i do? Please send me reply.
My email id [email protected]

3rd February 2012, 08:03 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join NDA being a candidate pursuing 12th class?

Yes. You are eligible to join NDA as you are a candidate from 12th class. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year UPSC is going to conduct NDA Exam twice a year to recruit the candidates into variety of defence services like
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

Here is the complete eligibility criteria for this exam.

-In order to join Army wing, one should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute.
-But for to join Navy and Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class are also eligible to take up this Exam.

As per age criteria, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

In addition, one should be an unmarried male candidate to take up this Exam. The selectin procedure will be by
-Written Exam
-Interview
Later on a medical test will also be conducted to the candidates.

So, I suggest you to decide upon the specific Defence service which you want to make career and then apply for NDA Exam with the same.

You can get the application forms for this Exam from the desginated post offices all over India.

For this academic year, the last date to apply for NDA I Exam was already over. If you are interested and if you meet the required eligibility criteria, you can appear for upcoming NDA II Exam.

Have good preparation to this Exam and crack the same.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
3rd February 2012, 08:08 AM
anlakshmi

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.NDA Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

The Eligibility Criteria:

** The candidate must have to pass 12th class from a recognized university.

** And the final year of 12th class students also to apply for this NDA Examination.

** The age limit in between 16.5 to 19 years.

** The candidate must be male person & unmarried and medically fit.

** The candidate must be citizen of India.

The important dates for NDA II Examination 2012:
------------------------------------------------

Date of notification :05-05-2012

Last Date of receipt of form : 04-06-2012(monday)

Date of exam : 19-08-2012(sunday)

Wish you all the best!
3rd February 2012, 08:32 AM
chilla10

you ask a question what should i do do for joining NDA being a candidaie pursuing 12 thy class

sir first you have to score above 75%marks in 12th class and after getting this percentage you have to apply for NDA exam and by qualifying in NDA exam exam you can join in the NDA
3rd February 2012, 09:10 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are pursing 12th standard, you are eligible to apply for NDA.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY, exam of which conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having appeared for the final 12th exam from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board having good physical fitness can apply for NDA.

The registration process of NDA-I has already been completed, the last date of submission of application form only through on line was 30.01.2012, the exam for NDA-I will be held on 15.04.2012.

As you are now pursing 12th hence you can try and prepare for the forthcoming NDA-II exam. For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
3rd February 2012, 10:00 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my name is pankaj kumar, i am in class 12 and i am preparing for IIT-JEE. i want to join NDA .what should i do? Please send me reply.
My email id [email protected]

HI!!

SURELY YES!!

You can apply for NDA-2 not NDA-1 As the last date of receipt of application forms has been over.Hence you cannot apply for NDA-1 But can apply for NDA-2.

details about NDA

NDA-2
DATE of notification-5/5/2012
last date of receipt of forms-4/6/2012(Monday)
exam date-19/8/2012

hence you can apply in case you fully satisfy the criteria which is as under

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA-NDA
  • You have mentioned that you are preparing for IIT-JEE hence you are a non-medical student hence can apply for all the three wings namely
  1. ARMY
  2. Airforce
  3. naval academy
  • your age should be b/w 16.5 to 19 years
  • unmarried male candidates can apply
  • in case for other candidates who have just passed their XII class or will be appearing for the same can also apply

Selection procedure
  • Written test
  • interview
  • medical
hence only medically fit candidates are eligible !!

hope this helped you.....

For more information , please visit the official website by CLICKING HERE

with regards
roknits
3rd February 2012, 11:41 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
NDA exam is held twice in a year through UPSC , this exam can be applied those who are +2 science with PCM , other can not apply for this.

The details are as follows......

Good luck.......
3rd February 2012, 11:42 AM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

NDA Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2012 India
NDA Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2012 India

Age Qualification for NDA Entrance Exam

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males. They must be atleast 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

NDAI National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I) 2012 03/2012-NDA-I 31-12-2011 30-01-2012

Eligibility for the Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO for NDA Entrance Exam

Individuals who are citizens of foreign countries will not be considered eligible for writing the NDA entrance exam. However, NRI’s will be allowed to appear for the exam, if they have a valid Indian passport which proves their citizenship.
3rd February 2012, 06:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is a really bold decision to choose defense as your career. National Defense Academy is located at Pune and is known as the cradle of military leadership. To join the NDA you need to write and clear the UPSC entrance exam that is conducted twice in a year. Once you clear the exam, you need to attend the S.S.B interview. S.S.B interview includes various aspects like aptitude, physical and medical. You need to clear all this successfully and then a merit list will be published and it is according to that merit list that the admission are done.
15th February 2012, 05:58 PM
unagi

Hai friend,
Sorry to say this you are not eligible to write NDA entrance exam because candidates who are appearing for NDA should passed in twelfth
1. age limit should be 16.5 to 19
2.Only male candidates are allowed
3.They must be unmarried
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?