30th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

What should I take to become a collector after 10th?

after tenth which side should i take to become a collector? what education should be taken?

31st July 2012, 03:03 AM
archanagalenka

Thumbs up Re: What should I take to become a collector after 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after tenth which side should i take to become a collector? what education should be taken?
hi friend,
to become ias officer you have to complete 10+2 in any group but you can choose vocational groups...
after that you should complete degree course..

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4](i) Age limits :
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]
21-30 years
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4](ii) Educational Qualifications :
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4](iii) No. of permissible attempts :
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

ALL THE BEST...
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
31st July 2012, 08:52 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I take to become a collector after 10th?

By collector I assume you are talking about becoming District Collector. You have done great thing by asking about it early in your educational years. This would help you better prepare to become District Collector in India.

The District Collector is head of the administration of district in a state of India. District Collectors are the most powerful government officials who are given the tasks such as:

Maintaining Law and Order

Revenue Collection

Control of Planning Permission

Handling Natural Emergencies like floods, earthquakes etc.

Taxation

District Collector is often regarded as the ground reporter for the government for the issues related to law and order and natural disaster. While tackling such issues, District Collector keeps informing the government about latest situation. He/She helps the state government to make right decision based on the ground reality.

In India, District Collector are elite officers of the Indian Administrative Service. Therefore anyone who wishes to become District Collector is required to appear in the Union Public Service Commission Civil Service Examination for the IAS officer.

Eligibility:-

1. Candidate Must be Indian Citizen.

2. Candidate should have at least graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university in India. To make it simple for you, go for 12th board after which complete a under graduate course like BA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Tech etc.

3. The age limit to appear for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years.

4. In case of OBC the age limit is 21 to 33 years.

5. For SC/ST, the age limit is 21 to 35 years.

6. General students get 4 attempts to clear IAS exam.

7. OBC candidates get 7 attempts for IAS exam.

8. There is no limit for SC/ST candidates. They can appear as long as they meet the age and educational eligiblity.

The IAS exam is conducted in three stages:-

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Examination

3. Interview

Preliminary Exam.

The first step is to clear Preliminary exam. Candidates who fail to pass this exam are not considered for the main exam. There are two papers in the preliminary exam that take place in months of May/June.

Both papers are of 200 marks each and you will be given 2 hours to complete each paper.

Main Exam.

After giving the preliminary exam, wait for the list of candidates who have qualified for the main exam. If you name appears in the list then you can go ahead for the second step.

There are total of 9 papers in the main exams. Out of which 4 papers are related to 2 subjects which candidate is required to choose. Here is a tip, do not choose any subject which is too difficult like Mechanical Engineering etc.

The subjects are:

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
31st July 2012, 11:45 AM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Eligibility:-

1. Candidate Must be Indian Citizen.

2. Candidate should have at least graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university in India. To make it simple for you, go for 12th board after which complete a under graduate course like BA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Tech etc.

3. The age limit to appear for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years.

4. In case of OBC the age limit is 21 to 33 years.

5. For SC/ST, the age limit is 21 to 35 years.

6. General students get 4 attempts to clear IAS exam.

7. OBC candidates get 7 attempts for IAS exam.

8. There is no limit for SC/ST candidates. They can appear as long as they meet the age and educational eligiblity.

The IAS exam is conducted in three stages:-

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Examination

3. Interview

Preliminary Exam.

The first step is to clear Preliminary exam. Candidates who fail to pass this exam are not considered for the main exam. There are two papers in the preliminary exam that take place in months of May/June.

Both papers are of 200 marks each and you will be given 2 hours to complete each paper.

Main Exam.

After giving the preliminary exam, wait for the list of candidates who have qualified for the main exam. If you name appears in the list then you can go ahead for the second step.

There are total of 9 papers in the main exams. Out of which 4 papers are related to 2 subjects which candidate is required to choose. Here is a tip, do not choose any subject which is too difficult like Mechanical Engineering etc.

BEST OF LUCK.
31st July 2012, 04:18 PM
Benduluri

It is not possible to become a collector after 10th

Minimum Qualification for appearing for IAS Exam is to Bachelor Degree with any stream from recognized university

IAS Exam Includes

>>preliminarty Exam
>>Main Exam
>>Interview

must be focused on current affairs

**All The Best**
31st July 2012, 08:11 PM
jasminsree

Thumbs up Re: What should I take to become a collector after 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

HI FRIEND,

YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE YOUR 12TH LEVEL IN ANY COURSE..

AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE GRADUATION....

<B>A. Preliminary Examination: It has two papers. Paper I 200 MarksQuestions are of Objective TypePaper II 200 MarksPaper 1 (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
  • <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Current events of national and international importance <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>History of India and Indian national movement <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Indian Polity and governance -constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc. <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Economic and social development - sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc. <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
  • General science.
Paper II (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs
  • <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Comprehension <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Interpersonal skills including communication skills <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Logical reasoning and analytical ability <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Decision making and problem solving <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>General mental ability <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level) <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
  • Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.

B. Scheme of Main Examination
Normally 2.5 to 3 Lakh candidates take the Preliminary Examination. From among them 6000 are selected to write Main Examination.
Written - 2000 Marks (Descriptive Type Question)
<B>

Paper IOne Indian Language300 Marks- Matriculation School
Do not count for Ranking
PaperII English300 Marks - (Qualifying Nature) Paper IIIEssay200 Marks
=2000 Marks
Paper IV & VGeneral Studies300 Marks for each Paper Paper VI & VIIOptional Subject I300 Marks for each PaperPaper VIII & IX Optional Subject II300 Marks for each Paper Interview300 Marks
= 300 Marks
TOTAL = 2300 Marks

Note:
  1. Ranking is done on the basis of marks scored for a total of 2300 Marks
  2. In main, all the above (except English) may be written in Tamil also.
But the medium should be the same for all the subjects. 2. Minimum Educational Qualification: Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.
3. Age Limit:
Minimum Age: 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.
Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.
4. Number of attempts:
General Candidates 4
OBC 7
SC/ST No Limit
5. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONThe Preliminary Exam shall now comprise of 2 compulsory papers of 200 marks each and of 2 hrs. duration each.6. MAIN EXAMINATION
a) List of Optional Subjects for Main:
Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Adminstration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology. literature of one of the following languages:
Arabic, Assamese, Bodo,Bengali, Chinesse,Dogri, English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani,Maithili,Malayalam, Manipuri,Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Pali, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit,Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
b) Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:
i) Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
ii) Commerce & Accountancy and Management
iii) Anthropology and Sociology
iv) Mathematics and Statistics
v) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
vi) Management and Public Administration.
vii) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering - not more than one subject.
viii) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.
  1. All the question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type.
  2. Each paper will be of three hours duration.
7. Interview Test:
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his career. He will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership intellectual and moral integrity.
</B></B>
ALL THE BEST....
1st August 2012, 12:00 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!!

-->eligibility criteria:-

*candidate must be indian.

*must have done graduation from recognised university.

*age limit is 21-30 yrs.

*for SC/ST AGE LIMIT IS 21-35 YRS.

*NO OF ATTEMPTS:-

-FOR GENERAL-4

-FOR OBC-7

-FOR SC/ST-NO LIMIT

-->EXAM IS CONDUCTED IN 3 STAGES:-

-PRELIMINIARY EXAM

-MAIN EXAMINATION

-INTERVIEW

ALL THE BEST...GO AHEAD!!!
28th February 2014, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

for this we have to score up the degree's please guide me.......
14th August 2015, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

What subject should I take after 10th? Wich would be easy? Should I take CET, JEE AIPMT
16th August 2015, 12:16 AM
JSD.

It is nice that you are interested towards the public service comission.For this you have to appear in the UPSC CSE examination.The basic eligibility criteria for this examination is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So dear aspirant you first have to complete your +1 and +2 than graduation degree course in any stream where ever you are interested.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?