30th May 2012, 12:50 PM
sakshi lone

Which subjects should I choose after completion of 10th Class to become a Collector?

I have passed 10th right now and want to take commerce so which subject can i choose with commerce to become a collector?

30th May 2012, 02:08 PM
mdqd

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose after completion of 10th Class to become a Collector?

Dear friend you can choose any subject in commerce.
Even i completed sslc just this year in karnataka,and my plan is
also to become DC,so i have choosen BEGA in commerce stream and
after this you can study any degree and in the final year itself you
can apply for IAS.
Thank You.
30th May 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose after completion of 10th Class to become a Collector?

Which stream to choose after completion of 10th class to become an IAS officer?
30th May 2012, 05:09 PM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

Hi Sakshi,
My suggestion is to take H.E.C (History, Economics, Commerce) group in your intermediate as it would best help in qualifying in the I.A.S exam.

With regards
Mani
14th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to be a ca.whom course i choose?
6th January 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

which subject i have to choose after completion of 10th class become calector
24th February 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

in 10th igot 93 percentage which group i should take now
16th March 2013, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

what course should i do after passing 12th
13th May 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I choosed maths group for 12th class and passed with 89.2%..Now i have taken BCA and also completed one year of that course but now i really want to become a collector so help me out with it..like what should i study about and how to and all that stuff
14th May 2013, 04:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming collector you have to crack Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC.

Graduation in any discipline is required for this examination. So it doesn't matter which subject you opt for in 10+2.

You can opt for any stream according to your interest and after Graduation you can apply for Civil Services examination.

The Civil Services examination has most of the questions from General Studies means you must have very good knowledge of some General Knowledge topics like History, Geography, General Science etc. So prepare according to the syllabus of Civil Services examination.

The age required for Civil Services Exam is 21 to 30 years for those who belong to General Category. 5 years age relaxation is for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category.

The selection will be based on the marks in the preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview.

For all the details of Civil Services Exam visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th June 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

i got 77 % in ssc exam what can i do to be an ias officer?
11th June 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i got 77 % in ssc exam what can i do to be an ias officer?
18th October 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

what are the courses to do after 10th exams vacation before joining into intermediate
27th February 2014, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose after
completion of 12th Class to become a Collector?
19th April 2014, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i am in 12th class and i am a science student with maths !I have passed 10th class with 77% so after passing 12th what could i do !
11th May 2014, 02:44 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have decided upon of what you want to be in the very beginning of your career.

Due to this you can put your full efforts towards reaching your Destination.

Collector designation will be offered for IAS Officers.

In order to be placed in IAS, one should crack the following selection procedure
CSAT Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The eligibility will be as follows

Completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria :
For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

You can opt for any stream in your 12th class and Graduation.

There is no limitations at all one that thing.

But one thing I want to suggest is you that go for the list of optional subjects for Main exam.

Choose the one which you are more interested and make sure that you will be having that subject in both your academic levels of 10th class and 10+2.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a collector i have all qualities to become an district collector how many time i got to make collector and how
15th March 2015, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

now i am giving my ssc exams so i want to become a collector so which subject should i go through arts or commerce?
1st July 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

now I read in class 8 with Bihar board and I want to know that which subject choose after completed 10th class to become a dm. and I have 70% in 10th class.
8th January 2017, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Now I read in 8th class with punjab board and I want to know that which subject choose in commerce after complete 10th class to become a Collector. And I have 65% IN 10TH class
17th March 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Actually I want to take bipc but I want to become IAS so anything problem while choosing bipc after 10 the
4th December 2018, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Before becoming a collector is it possible to take Maths subject in 12th and graduation because Maths is my favorite subject and also I want to become a district collector
9th June 2019, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Which all subjects shall I choose after 10 for becoming a collector
22nd November 2020, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

which subject or which is the best group is takein inter to become a collector
24th April 2021, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

My 10th is completed nd after which subject I choose to become a collecter
24th June 2021, 10:36 PM
Iffa0786

You are not eligible after 10th to become a Collector
You will have to Graduate in any stream with a recogniszed university.
10th August 2021, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Can i take science after completing 10th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?