10th April 2016, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course?

What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course? What is the syllabus for pre and main exam? Can you please provide me the complete information as soon as possible? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

10th April 2016, 10:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates after appearing and qualifying in all the stages are eligible for recruitment in jobs.

The candidates have to qualify in each of stages to appear for next stages. There is common examination paper for candidates of all stream in preliminary but it differ as per your optional paper choice in Mains stage.

So, to get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th April 2016, 11:33 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course?

IAS is the one of the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC and the examination is conducted in three phases for recruitment or selection such as
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Mains Examination
  • Interview

Preliminary Examination:
This examination is conducted in two papers and it will be in Objective type and the questions will be in multiple choice questions and you need to select one from the four options.

Paper I syllabus:
  • Current affairs
  • History of India
  • India and World Geography
  • Indian Policy and Governance
  • Economy and Social Development
  • General Issues
  • General Science
Paper II Syllabus:
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonnel skills
  • Logical reasoning
  • Decision Making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic Numeracy

Main Examination
Main Examination is theoretical type in which you need to select two optional subjects of your own and it is better to take the subject in which you have grip.
Optional Subjects:
  • History
  • Geography
  • Economic
  • Sociology
  • Public Administration
  • Philosophy
  • Psychology
  • Political science
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandary
  • Anthropology
  • Botony
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce
  • Electrical engineering
  • Geology
  • Law
  • Mathematical
  • Management
  • Mechanical
  • Medical
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
  • Literature in any of the languages among 22 languages
11th April 2016, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course? What is the syllabus for pre and main exam? Can you please provide me the complete information as soon as possible? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. Final year candidates are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 46 views)
11th April 2016, 12:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination for Indian Administrative Services is called Civil Services examination. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for examination.

>>Age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation for candidates of reserved category, three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.

The three stages of this examination:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Interview.

The notification for 2016 is yet to be released. I have attached notification of 2015 which contains syllabus of preliminary exam and mains examination and all details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSP_2015_eng.pdf(5.66 MB, 47 views)
11th April 2016, 01:35 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Services and for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The notification for examination will be released in April and so to get syllabus for examination in detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

The candidates have to qualify in Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages. Candidates have options to select the optional paper other than the discipline of graduation.
11th April 2016, 11:42 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Syllabus for IAS examination:-

There are two stages of IAS examination:-

Paper I & Paper II

Paper- I

Economics

History

Geography

Science

Current Affairs

Indian Politics

Paper- II

Comprehension

Logical Reasoning

General Mental Ability

Data Interpretation

General Language

Eligibility Criteria:-

You should have a bachelor's degree from any recognized university with minimum passing marks.

Age criteria:- Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for general, 21 to 33 years for OBC & 21 to 35 years for SC/ST.
9th September 2020, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Best IAS coaching center ????? In Tamil Nadu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?